Contributor

Re: What cleanser do purchase over and over again?

I order the Ponds Cucumber Cleanser online since I can't find it in the stores now. Have used it for years and LOVE it! 

Contributor

I also have used Philsophy's Purity Made Simple for many years. 

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl  Since Consult Beaute came out with Detoxifying cleansing  wipes I no longer need eye makeup remover or other cleansing products.  They are charcoal clothes and it really cleans the pores gently.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use an oil cleanser. It's great for removing everything from eye makeup to sunscreen and everything in between. Leaves my skin clean, not stripped. And no it doesn't leave an oil slick on my face...it rinses off completely. Top-rated Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing oil...awesome stuff!

@SilleeMee   We're on the same page again and for the same reasons. For many years, I used Purity, but I woke up with residue of mascara and my face felt dry after cleansing. I needed to use a separate eye makeup remover. That's when I changed to Bobbi's Soothing Cleansing Oil. I purchase it a few times a year when a supersize is offered or the site offers a discount. It has a pleasant relaxing fragrance for night time makeup removal. In the mornings, I cleanse with Cetaphil. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used Purity Made Simple for years, too. I find, however, that what worked in my 60's isn't working quite as well at very nearly 70.  I have (in the last year) started taking my makeup off with an oil, then using a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin.  So far....so good!

Esteemed Contributor

The only downside about Victoria Principal's cleansers is that you have to special order them. But I wouldn't use anything else!

Very gentle, yet very effective lotion cleanser that removes all makeup and doesn't strip.

The time I had to search for a temporary stand in, they all said not for eyes, and Purity just didn't clean.

Water is a cleanser, too, so I like using something that I can rinse off. I've used the oil cleansing method at times, but don't want it for every day.

Esteemed Contributor

Neutrogena - either their Foaming Cleanser in the blue bottle or the Deep Clean in the clear bottle.   I usually have both and switch back and forth, using one in the AM and the other in the PM.   In dry winter months, I rotate these with Pond's Cold Cream.

You'll probably get as many responses as there are posters on this board!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I keep going back to Purity.  I've used it for 10 years now and each time I try something new my skin for whatever reason does not like it.  I also like that Purity easily and gently takes off my mascara and many of the cleansers do not.

Honored Contributor

I’m a believer in soap and water .. specifically “Kiss My Face” olive oil soap, and bath gloves.
Honored Contributor

So far, its Cetaphil.  It is gentle, doesn't make my skin feel stripped or like a piece of dry parchment paper.  I have purchased it a couple of times.  I have a cupboard full of cleansers and end up having issues with all of them.  As of right now,  none with Cetaphil.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin