Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What cleanser do purchase over and over again?

I've posted this over and over.  On my face I use warm water and a microfiber wash cloth.  That's all.

Then I follow it with Dr. Denese's firming facial pads (that's the glycolic acid).

Then I follow that with Hydroshield.  Now I've started adding around my eyes her eye serum she just started selling.

I've used these since the first day she came on QVC. 

All I know is it all works for me and my 39 year old daughter.  She looks amazing.  When she went to Denver (about 7 years ago) she stopped using Dr. Denese.  She wasn't cleaning her skin the way I taught her.

She went to her dermatologist.  The Dr told her the sun in Colorado was a killer and to do something.

She started back with Dr. Denese and on her next visit the Dr was amazed and had her write down the name of the products she was using.

It's not cheap.  But I think some of it can be substituted for other (cheaper) things.  I think always washing with microfiber clothes and warm water and the pads are most important. 

As far as a moisturizer there are probably some cheaper things (and more expensive things).  

Just make sure every morning and night you get that dead skin off.  I honestly believe that's the most important thing to do.

If you look at people's faces who have a lot (I mean a lot) of wrinkles, their skin doesn't have a glow.  I think that's ONE of the reasons they have so many wrinkles.  There are other factors too, but get that skin off.

Trusted Contributor

I've tried a lot of cleansers, but I always seem to go back to my ponds, the one with cucumber not the heavy cold cream...just love it. Hard to find though.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, which never leaves my skin feeling dry or tight.

If I'm wearing makeup, I use a makeup remover first, either an oil-based cleanser or one of the microfiber cloths that removes makeup with just water, then use the CeraVe with my Clarisonic.

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

Kiehl's cleansers have worked great for me. All  I want my cleanser to do is to remove, dirt, oils and make up without having to use any additional eye-makeup  remover. 

I am the same way! Which one do you use? Do you know the name? They have a few to choose from.

My favorite is the Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash but lately I've been using the Ultra Facial Cleanser and it works great. 

Esteemed Contributor

Garnier Micellar Water (other brands work as well), followed by Dr. Denese Firming Facial Pads and a moisturizer. My 71 year old skin likes this nightly routine!

Honored Contributor

Philosophy's  purity made simple for years.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use an oil cleanser. It's great for removing everything from eye makeup to sunscreen and everything in between. Leaves my skin clean, not stripped. And no it doesn't leave an oil slick on my face...it rinses off completely. Top-rated Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing oil...awesome stuff!

I will have to check it out, thank you!!! @SilleeMee  I have tried the DHC but when I would go over my face with a toner there was still a lot of makeup and what not left on my skin (and I only use BareMinerals power foundation and blush)

@SandGirl 

I use a Popsonic cleansing device (Spade)  when I wash my face with that cleanser.

Super Contributor

Tacha. The oil if I have make up on then the rice cleanser. Most mornings I just use the rice cleanser. So simple. Both last 6 months or more and I have oily skin (I am in my 40s) with basically no break outs.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@all wrote:
Tacha. The oil if I have make up on then the rice cleanser. Most mornings I just use the rice cleanser. So simple. Both last 6 months or more and I have oily skin (I am in my 40s) with basically no break outs.

Do you  need to use a second cleanser after the oil cleanser?

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Philosophy's  purity made simple for years.

Used since 2000.  Makeup optional skin.  😊