Super Contributor

Re: What brow product will cover up the gray hairs

On 9/22/2014 4KICKS said:

JUST FOR MEN Mustache & Beard, Brush-In Color Gel, use only the small amount you will need -- cheap and perfect!! Comes in several colors, I get the Light Brown, takes only 5 minutes. You will love it!!!! Purchase at any drug store or WM or whatever!!

Be careful using men's hair color products. You need to research if the level of ingredients exceeds what is safe for a lady.

You see, when they make a product for men, there are rules for the percentage of "bad" ingredients which can be allowed for men only. Why? Because they base that percentage on the average size, weight, mass, bone, biology, etc, of a male.

And some of those percentages may not be recommended for a female and could potentially be dangerous. So be careful.

Super Contributor

Another Just For Men Beard & Mustache fan here. I had very dark brown eyebrows and I use Light Medium Brown. Because the kit comes with a high volume peroxide cream developer the color is able to "grab" more effectively. I used dark brown the first time and I did look like Groucho!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

The color ingredients are exactly the same for men and women. It is not like minoxidil (Rogain.) Just For Men is a marketing tool so that men will feel comfortable using hair color products. Also, it is sold in men's toiletries aisles and not in the women's hair color aisles at most retailers.

I use a pea sized glob of the color gel and a pea sized glob of the cream developer. I mix them with a toothpick in a NyQuil medicine cup. I use those tooth picks that you get in the dental section that have the little soft teeth at one end. They are perfect for brushing the color into my brows with minimal skin staining. I leave it on for about 5 minutes and then wipe off. I use Lancome eye makeup remover to clean up any residue. I have to do it about every 6-8 weeks.

I thought that my brows had thinned. Not so. My brow hairs are turning colorless and can't be seen when I don't color them. When I color them I have a full brow - even tails. HTH.

Regular Contributor

Bobbie Brown natural brow shaper A225564. I found this to be the best for me. It's a gel product on a mascara wand.

Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 ChouChou said:

Another Just For Men Beard & Mustache fan here. I had very dark brown eyebrows and I use Light Medium Brown. Because the kit comes with a high volume peroxide cream developer the color is able to "grab" more effectively. I used dark brown the first time and I did look like Groucho!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

The color ingredients are exactly the same for men and women. It is not like minoxidil (Rogain.) Just For Men is a marketing tool so that men will feel comfortable using hair color products. Also, it is sold in men's toiletries aisles and not in the women's hair color aisles at most retailers.

I use a pea sized glob of the color gel and a pea sized glob of the cream developer. I mix them with a toothpick in a NyQuil medicine cup. I use those tooth picks that you get in the dental section that have the little soft teeth at one end. They are perfect for brushing the color into my brows with minimal skin staining. I leave it on for about 5 minutes and then wipe off. I use Lancome eye makeup remover to clean up the any residue. I have to do it about every 6-8 weeks.

I thought that my brows had thinned. Not so. My brow hairs are turning colorless and can't be seen when I don't color them. When I color them I have a full brow - even tails. HTH.

Wow! You little scientist, you! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Great information. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I wanted to post that warning, just in case--I read about it, but it did not mention brands, so I wanted to give a head's up. Maybe there are other hair dyes or products of some sort ladies should think twice about if they are made for males.

Frequent Contributor

I use Godefroy Instant Eyebrow Tint that I get on Amazon.com. Easy to use and lasts for a couple of weeks before having to redo...and it is darker then you would think looking at the pictures online.

Respected Contributor

I get mine tinted at the salon. I've tried so many different products that claim they cover gray and been disappointed. Tinting works!

Super Contributor

Thank you Ladies for all the great suggestions!

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 di-mc said:

I get mine tinted at the salon. I've tried so many different products that claim they cover gray and been disappointed. Tinting works!

Grey hair is very stubborn and hard to cover no matter if it's head or brows.

You have to have trust in having someone tint your brows. I've had them tinted at brow salons and they all use the same type of tint. They come out way too dark!!!!

Valued Contributor

On 9/22/2014 SrFitness said:

I use Godefroy Instant Eyebrow Tint that I get on Amazon.com. Easy to use and lasts for a couple of weeks before having to redo...and it is darker then you would think looking at the pictures online.

I have this currently sitting on my cosmetic dressing table. It is effective and I need to reapply! This gets my vote, hands down. But don't use the whole capsule into the mixture. You will waste too much product once applied and have a great deal left, otherwise. Only use half of the capsule and yes, it does come out very dark, but will lighten. Don't be afraid of that.

Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 ChouChou said:

I use a pea sized glob of the color gel and a pea sized glob of the cream developer. I mix them with a toothpick in a NyQuil medicine cup. I use those tooth picks that you get in the dental section that have the little soft teeth at one end. They are perfect for brushing the color into my brows with minimal skin staining. I leave it on for about 5 minutes and then wipe off. I use Lancome eye makeup remover to clean up any residue. I have to do it about every 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for the tip,,,,,,I will have to try........