Honored Contributor

Re: What brand of Foundation do you use and why?

@Knit-Chick  You can buy it for half price at Nordstrom Rack if they have your shade.  Maybe Google it to see if anyone else is selling for half price.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I use several different ones but my all time favorite is......Tarte Amazonian clay foundation. I just love it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@LilLadyNJ   No surprise here. I also am a Bobbi Brown fan. I've used the Foundation Stick for 30 years. When she started the line, there were no concealers. A foundation stick, a shade lighter, was used as the concealer.

Why Bobbi Brown?  I've never found shades light enough for me w/o pink or orange. The formula of her foundations are flawless. The stick especially is portable for touch ups (scraped off some into an empty BB round, flat concealer compact) to fit in makeup bag. The Tinted Mousturizer has more coverage than most and although it's also a  moisturizer, it's not oily. I can wear it all day and at night top it w/ the Foundation Stick if going out. 

My every day foundation is the Tinted Moisturizer (beige tube). I touch up w/ Foundation Stick around nose, between eyebrows, etc. When I want to wear a light to medium coverage foundation, I hold 3 sticks...for me Alabaster, Porcelain and Almond and the BB full coverage face brush. I do the center of my face with Alabaster (lightest shade in Bobbi's line) and then blend the Porcelain to the perimeter areas (reverse contouring). I use the Almond or another shade that's several shades darker than Porcelain as my cream bronzer just across top of cheeks and a little on bridge of nose. 

@Shanus Something for everyone!  I like the Bobbi Brown longware liquid foundation but have a terrible time with colors!  I have Sand; Cool Ivory (used to be good but newer ones are too light and blue); and Warm Ivory (too yellow and dark).  

So I mix a drop of Cool Ivory and Warm Ivory and that is good.  The foundation stick just slides off my face!  LOL!!!

I also cannot wear anything with Avobenzone in it, and so far this is one of the few foundations that do not have it.  

Colorwise, Chantecaille, Dior and Shu Umera (used a long time ago) are the best colorwise, but I like the BB because it is lighter weight, but am going to try Chantecaille again when I run out of these.  Used to use Trish, but now need a little more coverage sometimes. 

Trusted Contributor

It Cosmetic's CC Cream with Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten over the top. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Have you tried Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation...many shades and buildable coverage?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner   Have you tried Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation...many shades and buildable coverage?

@Shanus Being old, yes I have and theirs was always too much coverage and also too pink for me.  I haven't tried in years.  I loved the Chantecaille, and don't know why I stopped it.  It had the best texture and coverage for me.

But then I was 15 years younger too!  So maybe that was why it looked good!  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua (color 013, I am fair with red undertones).  This is the best foundation I have ever used.  It is lightweight, a little goes a LONG way, and it doesn't separate, crease, or rub off during the day.  Coverage is light to medium.  No setting powder needed.  I'm done with thick CC creams and things that look cakey and crack-y on my aging skin.

A close second, and the one I usually wear during the weekend, is L'Oreal Infallible 24-Hour Freshwear in shade 420, true beige.  I like this pretty well; the finish isn't as fine as the Koh Gen Do, and I have to set with powder.  I don't usually wear "beige" foundations, but the cool tones in the Freshwear seem to skew a little light.

Respected Contributor

Bare Minerals or Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten.