Respected Contributor

What are your Living Proof Hair product favs?

I got some samples with my last Nordstrom order a while back and since I've been home I decided to try them out.

I just had the PHD Shampoo/Cond., Nourishing Fizz free styling cream and the style extender, I have to say, I liked them all, of course I've only used them once but I did think my hair felt pretty good.

Curious, if you like this line, what products do you like or use? Would love to hear some recommendations and maybe pick up a few items from this line to try.

TIA!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your Living Proof Hair product favs?

I liked their nourishing frizz shampoo and conditioner. I haven't tried anything else though. 

Honored Contributor

I tried the first product they offered which was for volume.  It dried my hair terribly and I never went back for seconds.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I tried the first product they offered which was for volume.  It dried my hair terribly and I never went back for seconds.

I find that holds true with lots of "volume" type products, it's one reason I dislike dry shampoo, over time ti really drys the hair out.

Trusted Contributor

I like their Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner and also really like the Prime Style Extender.  I have fine hair that's a little past my shoulders and unlike a lot of creams, the extender doesn't weigh my hair down or make it feel gross.  Lately I've been using that from midshaft to ends and Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray on my roots and I've never had my hair look so good.  I also haven't had to wash it as often.

I'm not using them at the moment but I've also used the Perfecting Spray, Dry Shampoo and Full Dry Volume Blast and I've liked them all and purchased them more than once.

Living Proof runs a lot of good deals on their website, so check it out if you're interested in buying anything.

Valued Contributor

None. I purchased the shampoo and conditioner for frizzy hair. It did nothing for my hair at all.  It was just as frizzy as ever after I used them. 

Frequent Contributor

I am a Living Proof fan! I have dry, color treated, fine hair. I use 5 in 1 Styling treatment, root lift, and thickening mousse. My hair is not weighted down, sticky or rough. Still shiny and feels good to the touch. I’ve used these products for 6 years. Whenever I try something different, I always come back to these core products. I do use PHD shampoo and conditioner when I get it on sale. I like the hair sprays Flex and Control, too. Again, if I get a deal on them. Since I’ve been at home (covid era) I’m not doing my hair every day and it isn’t behaving as well as when I use my regular products.