Valued Contributor

What are the liners in the Tarte TSV?

Hi Ladies, I'm checking out the components of the Tarte TSV and realized the liners don't have a name, really. They aren't the clay ones. I was trying to find them individually so I could read reviews. Anyone know what these are?? TIASmiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Re: What are the liners in the Tarte TSV?

I couldn't find any with the same ingredients either. I really think the holiday kits contain different ingredients than the regular line. The holiday Tarte kits at Sephora and Ulta may very well have the same formulas. I got a kit from Sephora last yr. and the ingredients weren't the regular ones there either.

Honored Contributor

Funny, I was just this second watching a review of the TSV by Emily Noel, and although she likes the set overall, the only dud was the pencil liners. She said that they are not the Skinny Smoulder Eyes, that these do not glide on as smoothly and they do not set to a smudge-free finish.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I think they are like the new smolder eyes. They are in a black charcoal, plum, and brown/bronze shade. I'm probably regifting the eyeliners cause they smudge a little too much for me. But they are very pretty. Even without the liners the value of the set is awesome.
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Desi & Suzy. Smiley Happy I'm glad (or comforted) to know that it wasn't just me wondering what the heck these were. I agree, Desi--I think that these kits often have an element or two that doesn't seem to be found elsewhere in the line. Totally weird, IMO.
Valued Contributor

On 11/10/2014 Jenag88 said: I think they are like the new smolder eyes. They are in a black charcoal, plum, and brown/bronze shade. I'm probably regifting the eyeliners cause they smudge a little too much for me. But they are very pretty. Even without the liners the value of the set is awesome.
Thanks, Jena.Smiley Happy I agree that it is a good deal. I got one of these last year (or year before) and I think it was more expensive than this one. I really don't think I'm going to purchase it, but I was so curious about these liners. I've been very happy with the SmolderEyes pencils AND I'm a bit of a liner junkie.Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for mentioning bout the TSV liners I didn't even give this a thought when I ordered the kit but after reading where Emilynoel83 gave a review I watched it this morning and you are right these are not the regular eye liners and the review wasn't great. She also mentioned that one of the blushes had shimmer in it which wasn't mentioned on the show yesterday. I went and cancelled my order as I wouldn't be happy with the liner and I don't like shimmer in my blushes. And a couple of the eyeshadows had a weak color payoff. Enjoy your TSV everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

A few years back I tried Tarte eyeliners -- don't remember which ones. My eyes stung so badly within a few minutes I quicly flushed with water, but my eyes continued to sting for a while. It was scary. After that experience I will never buy Tarte products. I've been using eyeliners for thirty or so years, both cheap and expensive, and this never happened to me.
Honored Contributor

I too can not wear Tarte eyeliner pencils, they stin gmy eyes really bad and I am not sure why-its too bad really because the colors are so pretty and I really like the formula, but there is something in them that causes my eyes to water and sting and I don't even have sensitive eyes!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 11/10/2014 glmama said: Thanks, Desi & Suzy. Smiley Happy I'm glad (or comforted) to know that it wasn't just me wondering what the heck these were. I agree, Desi--I think that these kits often have an element or two that doesn't seem to be found elsewhere in the line. Totally weird, IMO.
Do you think that they include cheaper or generic products, since the TSV price is so low?