Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: What are some makeup products and/or tips that you feel make you look a bit refreshed?

@Shanus I've switched to Nars doe foot concelaer as well, will look at your lip choices as alternatives.

I just tried and really like Lancome's Skin Feels Good-tinted moisture w/a lovely natural finish. Very forgiving for mature faces, very light, covers/diffuses pretty well if you use a concealer before. I use BB full coverage brush for application-very easy. No rosacea flare and spf 20.

Super Contributor

Re: What are some makeup products and/or tips that you feel make you look a bit refreshed?

Also have been using Benefit's Gimme Brow-Holy Smoke! I have brows again.

Looks natural, stays put, easy to use. I use shade #3 and fill in w/BB shadow in Birch for more 'drama'.

Love Antigua bronzer-hg for me and Golden Bronze shadow stick to line gently under my eyes.

Frequent Contributor

After patting under eye concealor and it looks shiny, i pat it with a dry sponge and reapply it, and pat it down again. 

When ever I apply a cream blush, I never apply it directly to my skin. I first put on foundation on apple of my cheeks and then apply cream blush lightly and then use a powder blush on top. Blush lasts longer and looks more natural because I use peach cream blush.

i always apply argan oil before putting on my makeup. First applying it under my eyes.  

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Shanus I've switched to Nars doe foot concelaer as well, will look at your lip choices as alternatives.

I just tried and really like Lancome's Skin Feels Good-tinted moisture w/a lovely natural finish. Very forgiving for mature faces, very light, covers/diffuses pretty well if you use a concealer before. I use BB full coverage brush for application-very easy. No rosacea flare and spf 20.

@Maestra1   If you walk through the makeup dept. in any store the choices are staggering! There are hundreds of recommendations in each category. I love when women share what they've tried and works. It makes me and others want to check it out. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

I may have said this before, but I apply my moisturizer/spf w/ a foundation brush. I then use it to apply my concealer and foundation. Having moisturizer on the brush (especially in the cold weather or if you have drier skin) helps the next layer glide on. 

Also apply all cream products before powders. I use cream blush and then use my LM setting powder to go over any areas that may get shiny. I leave my cream blush as is in winter. The natural sheen is more youthful that a powdered finish. 

Honored Contributor

I have very straight hair & straight eyelashes.  This means that even when I use an eyelash curler, once I use a primer & mascara my lashes end up falling straight down....they don't stay curled up. 

I used to use Sheshido mascara base which did a wonderful job of keeping my lashes curled but it was discontinued some time ago.  From what I understand it had an almost cult like following and I have no idea why they discontinued it.  So I went on a quest to find a new mascara base or primer.  I tried so many different brands...from drugstore to middle of the road like Clinique and high end like Dior & Givenchy....none kept my lashes curled!

I finally came across a very inexpensive brand (sold on Amazon) called "Dr. Mascara Fixer"...it costs about $6.00 a tube (with Prime!) and keeps my lashes curled.  It comes off easily and doesn't damage my lashes.  It's a Korean brand that when you think of it most Asian women also have very straight lashes so it was created for them and anyone else who has this problem.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@homedecorator wrote:

I really like Maybelline's Face Studio Master Prime primer. It is very reasonably priced and works very well keeping make up in place. They also offer a variety of choices for all skin types.

@homedecorator 

I have tried so many primers and never liked any of the ones I tried -- either they just didn't seem to do anything or I guess weren't right for me.  Maybe this one will work!!! 

@AngelPuppy1  Me too, this is the only one that has ever worked for me!

Honored Contributor

Using a face mask is one thing I do.  Using a CC cream is another, i like IT Cosmetics CC creamSmiley Happy

And putting highligher on the recommended places is a good tip too!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller