Honored Contributor

What are some makeup products and/or tips that you feel make you look a bit refreshed?

I know similar posts have been printed in the past, but I haven't seen any in a good while, and I thought I would re-visit and see possibly what new products and/or tips anyone might want to share!

I love reading about what makeup products and makeup tips that people use that help make you feel and look your best --- maybe a bit more refreshed or give you a boost!

Anyone willing to share?

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: What are some makeup products and/or tips that you feel make you look a bit refreshed?

I don't apply bareminerals original foundation like they show you.  I apply all over face with a sponge making sure it is even and then buff with a brush.  I also use Coola Mineral primer under it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are some makeup products and/or tips that you feel make you look a bit refreshed?

I look forward to reading others' tips and tricks  -  always fun to get some new ideas. 

My lipstick, no matter what color or brand, always lasts for several hours.  I apply one coat, then blot with tissue till almost erased, then apply a second coat.  My mom and aunts told me this when I first started wearing makeup in my teens.  It works for me!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I think one of these threads came up and I typed a full page of tips. I wouldn't know where to start. I'll take questions if you narrow it down to lips, eyes, foundation, skincare, etc. 

Respected Contributor

I learned to ignore the rule that women over 40 should not wear shimmer on their eyes. I press a bit of a light colored shimmer shadow on my eyeball as a last step.

It really wakes up my eye area which has become a little darker and deeper set as I age.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I learned to ignore the rule that women over 40 should not wear shimmer on their eyes. I press a bit of a light colored shimmer shadow on my eyeball as a last step.

It really wakes up my eye area which has become a little darker and deeper set as I age.

@Ms tyrion2   Shimmer's great if placed only on the center of lid at our age....It's the medium/dark shimmer all over the lid that looks "bad" on lids that have begun to be lined/wrinkled. Also, only matte shades in crease. I go a "smidge" above the crease for a slight lift to the eye and define the crease only from the pupil to the outer edge to open up the eye. The "windshield wiper" technique is for much younger eyes. Ooooh. There's a tip for you.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 

I know, I am scared of using shimmery things on eyes and I always to love shadows like this!

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I look forward to reading others' tips and tricks  -  always fun to get some new ideas. 

My lipstick, no matter what color or brand, always lasts for several hours.  I apply one coat, then blot with tissue till almost erased, then apply a second coat.  My mom and aunts told me this when I first started wearing makeup in my teens.  It works for me!  

@tototwo 

I have a terrble time with lipstick feathering since I have gotten older -- maybe this tip will help with this???  I have used lipliners --- which I don't like and still don't always work, and primers --- don't think they work that great either.  So, I usually stick with matte which I am not as crazy about as they seem dryer, but at least they don't bleed!

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I don't apply bareminerals original foundation like they show you.  I apply all over face with a sponge making sure it is even and then buff with a brush.  I also use Coola Mineral primer under it.  

@chiclet 

I never heard of the Coola primer --- will look this up! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I think one of these threads came up and I typed a full page of tips. I wouldn't know where to start. I'll take questions if you narrow it down to lips, eyes, foundation, skincare, etc. 

@Shanus 

You always have really good makeup advice and tips.  Are you a makeup artist?  

I always find your posts so interesting.  I don't have any particular question but I like to get tips and ideas and products from others here and what helps and works for them.