Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are people doing about their grey hair

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? People are dying and you are worried about your grey hair??? Wow.

@catwhisperer  Even before this virus outbreak people were dying every day all around the world..... from cancer, from heart attacks, from leukemia....from a long long list of things. I still wanted to keep on top of my grey roots. Shame on me.

@shaggygirl  & others: No shame at all. It's definitely personal choice...always. Some women in the 90's are still coloring their hair. I'm only supporting those on the fence or who have decided to stop coloring. I colored it myself for 42 years...just as all of you. 

@Shanus 

I know. I was being sarcastic in re to Catwhisperer's post. 

@shaggygirl   I know. That's why I added "& others". All good.

@Shanus 

It's not as if we can safe a life by not doing our roots. If we could, we'd all let them grow in.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl  Eh, the hair dye/breast cancer link could save lives. 

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? People are dying and you are worried about your grey hair??? Wow.

People want to keep some normalcy to their lives and if they are used to looking at themselves one way, maybe they like the continuity of feeling like themselves.

I have been doing my color for many years so at least it isn't anything new for me. There are enough changes in the past few months, it is nice to have something familiar in my life.

I can worry about the virus just as much with my freshly colored roots as I can with my dingy grey roots showing...

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@catwhisperer, and yet, here your are.  Not only on the QBB but in the beauty section no less.

No reason why we have to focus on Covid-19 24/7.  We can be sympathetic to what is going on and still care about ourselves as well.    

Respected Contributor

I've been coloring my own hair and trimming my own bangs for 20 years. Who knew these would become essential skills?

My roots are still very long now because I had bronchitis before this happened and couldn't manage the smell of the dye. Now I'm feeling great, but since I'm home alone, I don't really care. I do need to order some color for when I'm ready.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl  Eh, the hair dye/breast cancer link could save lives. 

@Shanus 

And next year they'll be claiming women who use hair dye live a longer healthier life than those who don't.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to cancel my appointment for a cut in late February with my stylist, then my March appt was cancelled because they shut the salon down, I  rebooked for April 4th but I know that is not going to happen, it is so long now I just clip it up. I color my hair at home myself and  I am considering Madison Reed.  Has anyone used this brand? 

Is it good for covering resistant gray???

Frequent Contributor

I am going to attempt to do my own. I ordered Loreal Excellence in Champagne.  Wish me luck! I've been cutting my own bangs. So far so good. This whole pandemic has made me think about what's really important and lifestyle changes. If this turns out I think I will just start doing my own instead of paying $160 every 8 weeks for a cut and color. I'm sad for my hairstylist but this makes sense for me. So many will be hurting financially and we will all be cutting back on luxuries I feel.

Trusted Contributor

@arizeleI have been coloring my hair at home forever.  I have very resistant gray and use Garnier Olia and it covers well.

Trusted Contributor

I'll do my roots in about 6 weeks. 6 weeks later, I'll do them again if the stay at home hasn't been lifted. Eventually I'll get to the salon and my stylist will do an all over corrective color (since the at home root kits go red on me after awhile).

"Coming to ya from Florida"