Contributor

Re: What are people doing about their grey hair

For people using the Joan Rivers powder, does it works pretty well?

Trusted Contributor

What am I doing?  Hiding!  My every-4-weeks appt. was supposed to be on this coming Thursday.  Now the salon is closed until May.  Yikes!  The last time I tried to color my own hair a medium brown I ended up looking like "I Love Lucy" with bright red hair!  So for now and until my apt. in May...........

sunglasses-black-tundra-2_grande.jpg

thumb.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wearing it   I have had salt & pepper since my mid 50's and I am 70 now.  I love it.  It's healthy and shiny and I actually receive compliments on the color.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If my stylist wasn't working I'd be just accepting what color grey God gave me!  I'm not tempted to highlight & dye myself mainly because it would probably cost 3x's more for her to fix my mess!

She called today to confirm I still wanted haircut.  The salon is working staggered hours so no more than the stylist & client are in shop.

I havent decided if I'll go although we have no restrictions issued as of today.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used it, Joan Rivers product to cover greys, a few years ago & found that it has a very bad odor. Threw it out!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanking my ancestors who passed along genes for graying very late in life.  At 71 I just have a few scattered grays that totally blend in with my light brown hair.  So no color needed. 

Now the missed haircut is another thing.  Last week I chopped away at my pixie and it looks ok.  But I'm not sure how it will end up looking if I have to do that more than once. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Mitchell wrote:

@shoesnbags   I used it for over 10 yrs. for the 3rd wk. before my color appt. when I had my dark hair and all white hair showing through underneath. It's a life saver!  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   Amen, Sister! So happy, especially now. Can deal w/o a haircut...roots, never!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mitchell wrote:

@shoesnbags   I used it for over 10 yrs. for the 3rd wk. before my color appt. when I had my dark hair and all white hair showing through underneath. It's a life saver!  

@ShanusI think you meant to tag @Mitchell on this.  Gray hair is probably the only beauty problem I don't have, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags   Sorry for the mistake.