Respected Contributor

Re: What are people doing about their grey hair

@Mitchell wrote:

I was wondering what other people are doing to cover their grey hair being that the salons are closed most places. I have now found out that the salon that I go to will be closed for April, so I need to find an alternative. I am scared to color my own hair.

Thanks

I use Loreal Magic Root Touch Up and Clairol Root Touch Up.  Loreal one washes out when you shampoo your hair.  I would use that when I know I'd be going back to the salon in 2 weeks or so.  If it was longer in between visits, then I'd use Clairol Root Touch Up.  Been doing this for years because my gray hair comes in so fast.  

Honored Contributor

@Mitchell wrote:

I am scared to color my own hair.

Thanks

Why?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

Where can you order the Color Wow product?

Valued Contributor

Another vote for Color WOW root touch-up.  Or Joan Rivers Great Hair Day.  They both work in a pinch.

Good to know I'll be right in style next month!   

Valued Contributor

I have gotten Color WOW on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I have a box of Olio but over never done my own hair. I'll try it, what the heck, no one will see it but my DH 🤣🤣🤣

Esteemed Contributor

I always color my own roots. I'm going to see how long I can go.  I really could do it twice a month.

DH is retiring at the end of the year (good Lord willing) he stopped coloring his hair. It's really growing out a lot LOL  I don't know when he'll be able to get it cut.  Last night he also told me he's stopping shaving.   I'm living with a bear LOL

Super Contributor

Color WOW, really not that great. Expensive, doesn't stay on & of course they only show you how to do it on the top part, crown of your head, which is EASY. It's very hard to do the sides of your head and the color comes off so easily. Pass on this for me. Prefer L'Oreal root cover up.

Contributor

Is loreal root cover up a powder or spray?

Thanks

Contributor

My hair grows so fast that with 10-12 days after coloring you can already see my roots, and they are most dominate around my face. I can easily stretch the time between coloring to at least 5 weeks using the Joan Rivers great hair day. I always have a spare in my makeup drawer!