Valued Contributor

Re: What are people doing about their grey hair

I have tried the temporary color by Christophe Robin and I still have my white roots.  I am not sure what to do.  I spray my top roots, but oh the rest of my head.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whosits wrote:

I stopped coloring my hair about 7 years ago because I got tired of being a slave to it. I hope now other women will stop. I really feel it's about time that women get real. Particularly bad is the older women who color their hair black. It's so aging and looks so pathetic... because it's so obvious they are trying to look young beyond their years. It could be a move toward respecting the wisdom of age if women stopped coloring their hair. 

@Whosits 

You hope we'll all stop because you did? Because you don't we shouldn't? It kind of sounds that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Using Clairol Red Auburn root powder for now. My hair is a unique red/auburn color mixed by my stylist and could never do my own hair by parting and getting all the roots done without getting too much color on the ends not could I get this color out of over the counter hair color . I am planning to buy a short Toni Brattin dark red wig to wear until I can get back to the salon. In fact I see her new line is anupcoming TSV
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl. I agree with you. Who is this @Whosits to tell us we need to do what she does? What nerve!
Respected Contributor

Same thing I've been doing for years: using Colorsilk to color my roots. I always have a few boxes on hand, and I see it's still available. I also have a huge bottle of Roux Fanci-ful, which I've had for years, and should last another few years (at least lol). I've used it when I want a quick touch up, applying it with a cotton ball to the roots.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I have tried the temporary color by Christophe Robin and I still have my white roots.  I am not sure what to do.  I spray my top roots, but oh the rest of my head.

@QVCPhobe And my Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel seems to have washed out on my first shampoo after using it even though I washed (cleansed) with some WEN I had which isn't supposed to wash out your color, sooooo, guess I'll have to try some other brand or use up the Clairol I still have left but leave it in longer than the 10 minutes recommended.

It does say if the greys are resistant to leave it in longer. But you don't know if the 10 minutes is going to be sufficient until you do it!

Trusted Contributor

@TeddixatI do my auburn hair using different shades (4RN, 4RR, 5N, and 4RV). I use Clairol Professional color from Sally's. They've cut out a lot of their shades, so I have to get them from Ebay. To keep color from depositing too much on length and ends I use Roux Porisity Control conditioner. I apply it on my length and ends right after I have done my roots with permenant color and let it soak in. After 30 minutes, I apply a semi-permenant version of the same shades I mixed for my roots for my length and ends. Over 20 years of doing this and have never had uneven color.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004