Contributor

What are people doing about their grey hair

I was wondering what other people are doing to cover their grey hair being that the salons are closed most places. I have now found out that the salon that I go to will be closed for April, so I need to find an alternative. I am scared to color my own hair.

Thanks

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: What are people doing about their grey hair

I’ve colored my own hair for years but I am working from home and not going anywhere. It’s the last thing on my mind. When this is over I will color my hair and go out and have fun. Right now I am not stressed about my hair. I am older so it’s no big deal. No one to impress. I’m comfortable and just trying to stay healthy and worrying about my family and friends. 

Respected Contributor

I color my own hair.   I find the color lasts longer if it do it myself.   Besides it's way cheaper than having a salon do it.   3 dollars compared to 150.

Contributor

Color WOW root cover up.Brush on.Covers my gray roots well

Honored Contributor

I just hope my small salon can survive this time off. They are great stylists and lovely people.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Color WOW is fantastic! It's great for extending time between color appt.  it's worth a try! 

Respected Contributor

@Mitchell I was scared a few years ago to apply color to my roots to alleviate the month(s) inbetween salon visits and try to save some money.  I talked to my niece who told me she uses a touch up with no problem and has been for several years inbetween appointments  I tried her recommendation, Clariol Root Touch Up and have been  using it inbetween appointments for the last two years.  Havn't had a problem.  If you just need root touchup you may want to try this  It lasts for about 3 to 3 12 weeks.  I have also used Joan Rivers touch up powder that is sold on qvc for roots.  It works pretty good. There are also sprays for roots which I confess I have not used.

Honored Contributor

@Mitchell   On Q, Joan Rivers Good Hair Day. Brushes on and stays on until you shampoo. Since most are washing hair less often, no issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

91776852_3099918776706068_6201812683843436544_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'll use either a root spray or powder for the time being.  I don't feel like wasting good hair color.  I color my own anyways, so when I get ready to do it, I will.

However, I know my salon for the people who get their color done there is offering root touch-up kits in their formulation.  

I saw on the Kelly & Ryan show today Kelly's colorist who recommended a root touch-up kit over regular box color.  His partner demonstrated the process, although he only did the top of his head; the back is the hardest part to do.