Super Contributor

What advice have you received on the Forum that you are grateful for?

I only discovered the Community Forums in late December and through reading threads, I realized I liked Beauty Banter the most. I find the topics to be helpful to me and the responses are intelligent and well thought out. Many people are willing to share their experiences. And the tone of the posts is respectful. OP's are not given snide or snarky answers.

And, most importantly for me, people have been very PATIENT with me. I've asked a great deal of questions and I've never been ignored or told that question has been answered elsewhere. Thank you, Beautynistas!!!!! Smile

I'm especially grateful for:

1. Being directed to Paula's Choice website. I find her areas of EXPERT ADVICE & BEAUTYPEDIA REVIEWS to be very helpful in educating me so I can make reasoned choices versus blind ones. I sent them an email last night and received a detailed response in less than 24 hours (and it's a weekend no less). I look forward to using some of their products.

2. The advice to use one new product at a time so if irritation develops, I'll know what is likely causing it.

3. Being steered to NCN's website. I'm trying their Vit C serum & Orange Blossom Hydrating Mist.

4. Being advised that AHA/BHA's would help when I asked how to retexture my skin. I was given the website of Neoteric to educate myself and buy products at a reasonable price.

5. I was educated to read the ingredient deck, and finally, $$$ do not equate with a better product.

Ladies, take a bow! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

***What are the most important things you have learned from the BB Forum?***

Honored Contributor

Re: What advice have you received on the Forum that you are grateful for?

My answer is remarkably similar to yours, Irishrose 136.

I wouldn't have known about Paula's Choice if not for this board. I've been using her products for about a year now and am so impressed with the whole line and her rational philosophy toward skincare.

Same with your points about the NCN site (I use the Vitamin C serum and am just now trying the Multi-Active Matrixyl 25% serum) and the efficacy of BHAs.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Well, SuzyQ3.........I do believe you've "been paying your advice forward" because you have been one of the posters that I consistently learn from. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The poster whose naturopathic doctor recommended taking cod liver oil for skin benefits. Taking a daily dose has completely eliminated my dehydration problem. My skin always looks hydrated even when I don't use a moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Well, SuzyQ3.........I do believe you've "been paying your advice forward" because you have been one of the posters that I consistently learn from. Smiley Happy

That's a very kind thing to say, Irishrose136.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Montana said:

The poster whose naturopathic doctor recommended taking cod liver oil for skin benefits. Taking a daily dose has completely eliminated my dehydration problem. My skin always looks hydrated even when I don't use a moisturizer.

How much do you take? Do you take it daily?

Esteemed Contributor

I first read about using Just for Men for Mustaches and Beards to color gray brow hairs on these boards. I find it easy to use, it's not messy or drippy, and a box lasts a long time!

Using 17% salicylic acid wart remover or skin tag remover to peel age spots (this must be used with caution though, be sure to do a test patch). I have peeled some of the age spots on my face each winter as some of them do come back but not to the extent of how dark they were in the first place, just from being outside even with sunscreen and a hat and sunglasses.

Valued Contributor

I have been told of some great websites, some shopping sites, some reviews, even some on how to save money while shopping.. Most of the posters in the beauty forum are serious and have really done vast amounts of research (which I am doing more of now) and are kind enough to share their knowledge and insights and experiences.

Occasional Contributor

Moroccan (argan) oil has been a God send to my dry hair. I add it to wet hair after shampooing, but also occasionally apply some directly on my bangs between shampoos. Before blow drying I use more than a nickel's worth, but less than a quarter, to my short hair. I prefer Moroccan brand because the other ingredients from a few brands I've tried have given my hair more of a matted look. If you have blonde hair, buy the "Light" version, as the original Moroccan Oil version actually darkened my hair slightly.

Respected Contributor

Wear what you love to wear and ignore the naysayers.