Honored Contributor

Re: What Was Your Favorite Beauty Purchase in 2021?

Gads, I bought more skin care/makeup in 2021 than in previous years so its so hard for me to think of a favorite.

I do keep repurchasing certain skin care items from Paula's Choice - cleanser, moisturizer, toner, BHA, etc.  Also, have continued to buy and use Timeless Vit C, ELF Holy Hydration cleansing balm.

For makeup - hmmm, Milani Sun Kissed bronzer, Milani eyeshadow primer, Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, L'Oreal lash primer base, L'Oreal True Match Serum Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation.  This is all I can think of at the moment.

Honored Contributor

Well where did I see that?  I guess the Nars website.  I'm sorry.

Valued Contributor

I bought too much. So these are the ones I can remember being blown away by.

Pop sonic spade cleansing device (ask @SilleeMee if you don't believe me LOL)

Paula's choice exfoliate

QRx labs glycolic 

Beautycounter Peptide serum and Vit C serum

Lethal cosmetics--I designed my own eyeshadow palette. All matte and not a purple among them (because I have so many already) including some odd shades, almost a khaki and a blue-green, plus a black for tightlining. It was $60 if I recall correctly and came from England.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite beauty items were/are:

My supplement regimen 

Vanicream Cleanser

Tretinoin (generic Retin-A)

Honorable Mention:

Essence Volume Boosting Lash Primer

Tweak'd hair products 

Frequent Contributor

Pop Sonic Spade cleaning device
Mally Concealer
Mally perfect brow pencil- my favorite!
Tarte shape tape foundation and blush
Amazing Grace Bergamot shower gel, body emulsion, and EDT
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Have  you used both of these devices?  If so, in what way is the DiamondBuff Body better?  For 90% of things I purchase, I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".  If I really like this product, I'm willing to purchase the original.  Can you (or anyone that's used both)  convince me either way?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Have  you used both of these devices?  If so, in what way is the DiamondBuff Body better?  For 90% of things I purchase, I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".  If I really like this product, I'm willing to purchase the original.  Can you (or anyone that's used both)  convince me either way?

@monicakm 

The DiamondBuff for the body is ten times larger in size than the one for the face. The body tool has a coarser surface on it also. I bought it b/c I couldn't find a dupe for it like I did for the one for the face. What actually made me want to buy the body tool is I liked the way it made my skin feel and look after I used the Revlon Wand on my arm. You can try that and see for yourself and then decide if you want the DiamondBuff Body tool.

I've never used the DiamondBuff for the face so I can't directly compare it with the Revlon Wand. 

Look at this picture of Amy holding the body tool...it's much bigger than the face tool.

Bee Stunning Diamondbuff Body Microdermabrasion Tool - YouTube

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

My bad.  I didn't mean to ask about the body device.  I was just hoping to find someone who has used both face devices and could tell me if they were actually the same quality and worked the same.  I started looking for YT videos and got sidetracked with makeup videos.

Valued Contributor

Someone here on the forums mentioned the Bdellium brushes. I got a couple from Amazon. Now I just get them from the website.

I have Bobby Brown, Sigma,Too Faced, Artis and other high end brushes.

The Bdellium ones are really good.i love the colored handles.

My favorite ones are the blue ones, they are very easy to hold.

Honored Contributor

In 2021, I began using less Skinceuticals (a decade of use) and began using Kiehl's: Skinceuticals was getting too expensive, when purchased by L'Oreal seemed some ingredients changed and was getting too harsh for my skin with Retin A and acid pads. 

I have several Kiehl's products...moisturizers with actives, eye cream, etc. It began as an experiement, but have been using it for 6 weeks and so far I love it.