Respected Contributor

Re: What Was The First Anti-Ageing You Bought On QVC?

[ Edited ]

Oh my ...   I used every one of the skin care lnes mentioned since I started with QVC back in 1986 (and CVN before that!).  Yves Rocher,  Tova Cactine,  Hydron,  Clientelle, Diane Young,  Le Mirador (Carol Alt was the guest and they used to talk about the spa in Switzerland) ....    I still have the Hydron blue dot zipper bag that came with your products!

Edited to add...   also Loved Victoria Principal's original line. 

Honored Contributor

I can't even remember the name of the product -- I am racking my brain!  It was in a pump applicator and it was kind of a clear gel type product and it was supposed to help smooth lines.  It was not Genie.  A very bubbly blonde woman was the vendor.  I bought it several times because it felt so good applying but not sure it really did much of anything!  It had a slight nice smell to it which did not bother me and dissipated quickly. Anyone have any ideas?  It was back in the days of Kathy Levin, et al.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

It was a face serum by philosophy. Can't remember the name.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

Years ago, in the early 1980's, I also had little boys napping! Lol! 

@Linmo 

I started with the Principal Secret by Victoria Principal too! I also loved the line. The host was MaryBeth Roe. At the time, that woman could sell me anything! 😂

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

I can't remember all that was touted as "anti-ageing." I used Clientele & also Principal Secret before they came on QVC.

I've tried my share of things that QVC sold, though. Enough to be a better-informed consumer today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I can't even remember the name of the product -- I am racking my brain!  It was in a pump applicator and it was kind of a clear gel type product and it was supposed to help smooth lines.  It was not Genie.  A very bubbly blonde woman was the vendor.  I bought it several times because it felt so good applying but not sure it really did much of anything!  It had a slight nice smell to it which did not bother me and dissipated quickly. Anyone have any ideas?  It was back in the days of Kathy Levin, et al.  

@AngelPuppy1 

I know what that was. It was a product called Distinction Firmalift with that woman vendor, Leigh Valentine. Q stills sells that product. I never tried it.

https://vimeo.com/58227061

https://www.qvc.com/Distinction-Firmalift-Firming-Face-and-Eye-Serum-with-Elastisome.product.A57314....

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

@ECBG wrote:

Years ago, in the early 1980's, as I had little boys napping I watched LaMiradore being sold and the discussion of good skin care.

The host was "Ellen".  I think I recognize her voice in customer service and the recorded prompts as well. 

@ECBG  Yes, I loved that line! I used it also

Honored Contributor

Never bought any kind of beauty product from them.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Can't say for sure but I do remember that I bought a lot of Diane Young's products, her neck cream worked so good for me. I've aged since I first started buying anti-aging products but I do believe that a lot of products I've used slowed that down. I used the Clientele line, as well. Do they work as well as drug store brands? How could anyone even tell unless they were in a testing factory without any outside elements involved. All we can do is use what seems to work for us individually. I don't buy into a lot of the new brands being sold on the Q now so can't really say if they work or not. I'm not in a position to buy the expensive lines.

New Contributor

Never bought any anti aging from QVC. The only beauty products I've ever bought was from Beekmans and that was a one time deal.