Respected Contributor

Re: What Was The First Anti-Ageing You Bought On QVC?

I started with The Principal Secret from Victoria Principal.  I loved her products!

Respected Contributor

Hydron Harvey.  Kathy Levine swore by it, and it was my all-time favorite brand.  I was able to get it for awhile after it wasn't sold on TV, then I'm not sure what happened.  The woman that purchased it just didn't do a good enough job to keep it going.  I'd still be using it to this day if was available.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Le Mirador didnt come on the scene until 1997, so there were many for me prior to that. Joan Rivers Results skin care, was good.  And of course, Tova Cactine line.  I think Principal Secret and Hydron were the front runners back then. 

Esteemed Contributor

Never bought into the "anti-aging" gig (or dieting). Always felt healthy complexions and lean bodies were the result of proper good bathing and hygiene, a well-balanced diet (veggies, fruits, nuts, grains, etc.; even salmon or chicken are much more healthy than heavy beef or pork), exercise, plenty of sleep, and staying well-hydrated (water).

At 73, that theory has worked well. I've never even dyed my hair and it's still 75% brown, but grey is blended in around my face. It's fine with me to age naturally and gracefully. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Probably Serious Skin Care and Diane Young

Respected Contributor

I used Yves Rocher as well. The line I miss is Principal Secret. Too big a pain to go through Guthry Rinker or whatever it's called
Valued Contributor

A Perricone set of several products was the first that I bought.I had wanted to try Perricone but it was too expensive. I had just started watching QVC and saw the line was on there. I still couldn't afford it until they had an offer of several products at a reasonable price. I have been using it for years and love it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Years ago, in the early 1980's, as I had little boys napping I watched LaMiradore being sold and the discussion of good skin care.

The host was "Ellen".  I think I recognize her voice in customer service and the recorded prompts as well. 

@Shelbelle wrote:

Le Mirador didnt come on the scene until 1997, so there were many for me prior to that. Joan Rivers Results skin care, was good.  And of course, Tova Cactine line.  I think Principal Secret and Hydron were the front runners back then. 

I was going to post that but you beat me to it, Shelbelle. Le Mirador was founded by former QVC President Joseph Segel and debuted on QVC in May 1997.

Hydron debuted on QVC in April 1994.

Ellen Langas Campbell was a QVC program host from 1986 to 1993.

QVC was not around in the early 1980s. QVC was first broadcast on November 24, 1986, their birthday.

Trusted Contributor

I dipped my toe in about 2005 when Scott Vincent Borba had a skin care line on QVC for a short time, called Borba(?).   He also founded Hard Candy and ELF Cosmetics.  I'd love to know his net worth.

Honored Contributor

I purchased Josie Maran's argan oil.  Lately, I have not been using oils.  I always liked the feel of moisturizer cream much better.

kindness is strength