Respected Contributor

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

Marenseattle & BellaCarro - Thanks for the info on JM's C-esta. Bless my cotton socks... I must have had my head up my.... I was going on such great results alone. But yowza, parabens (and not as troubling to me0 dimethicone). You bet I can do much better.

I guess I started buying this before I was diligent about reading ingredient decks but I KNOW BETTER NOW. lol

I've tried the other pricier brands.. and the results of C-Esta have been SO MUCH better. My skin truly glows, is plumped and supple.... BUT I've run out, and won't be wasting my money on these gnarly ingredients again! I knew I wouldn't be buying it before you pointed this out... Even if it works like a charm... SO not worth it!

Thanks again! I feel so stupid {#emotions_dlg.blushing} since I pride myself on staying up on everything in a product. I struck the Timeless C off my list too, due to some unnecessary ingredients. I'll take a look at the threads and find something sans harmful ingredients. I'm still in research mode. I need to find one soon as C is an important part of my regimen.

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all who answered. I'll be checking them out, along with the ingredient deck.

Smiley Happy

Have a great weekend, and for those of you in frigid weather like I am... STAY WARM!

Super Contributor

On 2/8/2014 Funloving said:

Thanks to all who answered. I'll be checking them out, along with the ingredient deck.

Smiley Happy

Have a great weekend, and for those of you in frigid weather like I am... STAY WARM!

I wonder what it is in the C-Esta that gave you such better results than the other lines you tried. That rarely happens for me -- the wowza results. Let us know what you decide and the results!

Esteemed Contributor

Devita is my C of choice (17%). I don't need it to be coupled w/ ferulic acid. About $27 @ Vitacost.

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis* (aloe vera gel), Camellia sinensis (Japanese green tea) leaf extract, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, citric acid, L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), magnesium ascorbyl phopshate, medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, ubiquinone (CoQ10), D-beta glucosamine. *Certified Organic.

Don't forget a healthy dose/intake of vitamin C as well, not just with supplements, but in your colored fruits & vegetables.

Trusted Contributor

This is what I use, Shea Terra Rosewater Ester C Collagen Spray:

http://www.sheaterraorganics.com/Rose-Water-Ester-C-Collagen-Regeneration-Facial-Mist_p_46.html

This is a wonderful rose water spray, all natural and reasonably priced. It smells divine.

Esteemed Contributor

Funloving,

I use the Isomers Vitamin C products cleanser, peel, eye, face & neck creams. At first I used them all together for a full effect, now just one or 2 of the products in the morning or evening to keep up the results.

Trusted Contributor

I saw Hot N Flashy's video on Youtube after someone on Essential Day Spa's forum mentioned her video's so I bookmarked that vitamin C serum to try. I also want to try NCN's Vitamin C with glutathione so I'm not sure which one I will order once I finish up what I'm using which is M-61 Vitablast C-which I don't think is anything special and I don't plan to reorder.

PS, I do like SkinActives Vitamin C which only runs about $15.00. I've reordered a couple of times but I like to try new products too so that's why I plan to try the other two vitamin c's mentioned above.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

I am currently using Mad Hippie but may go back to Isomers vitamin c stem serum when I finish it. I do get a brightening with the Mad Hippie but seem to get more evening and brightening from the Isomers serum. Maybe my skin likes the different forms of vitamin c Manuela uses.

Respected Contributor

On 2/8/2014 Funloving said:

Marenseattle & BellaCarro - Thanks for the info on JM's C-esta. Bless my cotton socks... I must have had my head up my.... I was going on such great results alone. But yowza, parabens (and not as troubling to me0 dimethicone). You bet I can do much better.

I guess I started buying this before I was diligent about reading ingredient decks but I KNOW BETTER NOW. lol

I've tried the other pricier brands.. and the results of C-Esta have been SO MUCH better. My skin truly glows, is plumped and supple.... BUT I've run out, and won't be wasting my money on these gnarly ingredients again! I knew I wouldn't be buying it before you pointed this out... Even if it works like a charm... SO not worth it!

Thanks again! I feel so stupid {#emotions_dlg.blushing} since I pride myself on staying up on everything in a product. I struck the Timeless C off my list too, due to some unnecessary ingredients. I'll take a look at the threads and find something sans harmful ingredients. I'm still in research mode. I need to find one soon as C is an important part of my regimen.

Don't feel stupid! You got great results for whatever reason. I made many mistakes before I became diligent about reading ingredient decks. I still do. It's aggravating, though. Now, I go to stores and I know a lot more than the people selling it! I get some real annoyed and deer in headlights looks from s/a's now.
Valued Contributor

Currently using NCN. I used Mad Hippie just prior to this. I wanted to try both as they are both highly thought of on this board. I am very happy with both and I am so grateful for the knowledgeable ladies on this board for educating me on the whole area of Vit C. Had a pimple pop up when I first started with NCN, but that reaction has resolved itself. I really don't seen any difference in the two other than the consistency...Mad Hippie is more like a cool drink of water, and spreads so well. NCN is liquid y, but you have to work fast and spread it around or it dries too fast. I won't ever be without my Vit C serum now. I think it has done good things for my skin...but it has to be 20%, of good quality, and a very low PH, or it is really not going to do anything for you.