Honored Contributor

What Three Makeup Products Could You Do Without?

We've all seen the question a hundred times..."what three makeup products could you (not live without or take with you on a deserted island, etc)?  And if you haven't seen it 100x, just go with it Smiley Wink  Provided you still wear makeup (sunscreen and skinCARE doesn't count as makeup) what three products, that you wear, could you give up ?  For example: foundation, blush, e/s, powder, etc.  I think I could hand over the powder and bronzer (even tho I've really been enjoying bronzer lately) and (this is a hard one), highlighter.    

So based on the products YOU wear, what three would you be willing to do without?  These are the products I wear:

powder

foundation/skin tint

blush

bronzer

e/s

lashes

brow color

lip gloss

concealer

highlighter

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Three Makeup Products Could You Do Without?

Great question @monicakm.  I could do without highlighter and false lashes since they're not part of my m/u routine now.  After that I'd probably give up primer (and stay with setting spray instead).  I would not want to give up my bronzer, blush, or eyeshadew because they really help to give my face definition. .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can travel with a compact tone-corrector, an eyeshadow, liner, mascara and blush.   (I don't wear lipstick.)

Even tho I don't use "everything".....I have a drawer full "just in case".   All that stuff could go....and I probably wouldn't miss it...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

bronzer

highlighter

eyelashes

Honored Contributor

Blush (hardly wear it)

Primer (hardly wear it, even though I should - too lazy)

Eye Shadow (like it, but often in a hurry and don't take the time)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Primer (and if that doesn't count, I'll give you an extra - concealer)

Bronzer

Eyelashes 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Face primer (never liked the feel of any of them, though I think some are better than others...still never felt the need. But then...I don't wear cream foundation, only Balance & Brighten powder "foundation", sometimes.)

Eyelid primer... when I want to smooth over or brighten darker lids, I just continue my undereye concealer on them

Bronzer... I see the purpose, for contouring etc, and to use while keeping away from real suntans...I just never wind up using them much when they come in makeup kits.

I bet I can think of more if I try...(false eyelashes others mentioned, I didn't think of those as makeup...but last time I used them I was in a band in the 80's! lol. They are pretty on others, but my lashes are, thankfully, long and full enough. Also, no cream foundations for me.)

My daily makeup products are:

Concealer,

Balance & Brighten foundation powder (not as much during summer, because I don't want to use with SPF lotions, just because it feels too heavy layering both, to me), mascara,

sometimes a little bit of pencil liner just under eyes,

blush,

eyebrow setting gel, a

light neutral eyeshadow.

Occasionally lip gloss...but got so out of the habit with masks half the time I just don't bother lately.

Esteemed Contributor

Can and do go without:

1) foundation - I have an even-toned, smooth complexion.

2) mascara - Just don't care for that heavy look.

3) eye shadow - More like traditional eye shadow. Sometimes I do use a swipe of blush or contour. I'm not one for colors these days.

And a 4th would be concealor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

We've all seen the question a hundred times..."what three makeup products could you (not live without or take with you on a deserted island, etc)?  And if you haven't seen it 100x, just go with it Smiley Wink  Provided you still wear makeup (sunscreen and skinCARE doesn't count as makeup) what three products, that you wear, could you give up ?  For example: foundation, blush, e/s, powder, etc.  I think I could hand over the powder and bronzer (even tho I've really been enjoying bronzer lately) and (this is a hard one), highlighter.    

So based on the products YOU wear, what three would you be willing to do without?  These are the products I wear:

powder

foundation/skin tint

blush

bronzer

e/s

lashes

brow color

lip gloss

concealer

highlighter

@monicakm   I don't mind going without powder, eye shadow and highlighter. Intersting to see other replies. I'll add a 4th. I like a light coat of mascara, but never, ever false lashes.

Esteemed Contributor

Three I could do without if necessary:

bronzer

eye primer for shadow

BB perfector (concealer could be enough) 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain