Valued Contributor

Re: What TSV's do you hate to see... since that will dominate the day?

HSN always seems to take a full hour to present their Today's Specials. I like Joy Mangano and her products, but after awhile I can get a Huggable Hangover when she and the host keep droning on and on.

Frequent Contributor

BOSE, I mean that info can be said in 10 minutes or less. Like talking about a banana - it is yellow and is best when served firm. Move on.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/24/2014 DL2843 said: Computers, vacuum cleaners, and mattresses

Agreed. . .plus, I agree with the other poster who mentioned the Clarisonic.

Super Contributor

On 5/24/2014 grammarqueen said:

HSN always seems to take a full hour to present their Today's Specials. I like Joy Mangano and her products, but after awhile I can get a Huggable Hangover when she and the host keep droning on and on.

I know. How do you talk about something for a hour?

Regular Contributor

It doesn't matter what it is. One hour on any one product is a big snooze for me. If the product isn't good enough to tell me about it in 15 minutes then forget it.

Super Contributor

Computers by far! Then would be Vacuums and mattresses, or Sewing machines or crafty things.

Respected Contributor

Pretty much everything......I hate hour-plus presentations of any one product or vendor....I liked home shopping much better when the shows and presentations went a little quicker and more things were shown......they drone on and on about one thing and lose me after about 5 minutes......sorry, jmo.

Esteemed Contributor

hasn't there been a study that says you lose the peoples interest once you have surpassed 15 minutes.....I know it sure does me....

I see no reason to spend an hour on a product several times a day....along with the smaller presentations along the way....

I know I don't watch....

Super Contributor

Well, anything that's theTSV is presented lots on its day, so anything can become boring. I don't watch tv all day. I read, watch movies, work on the computer, etc.
Super Contributor

I agree with the other posters about mattresses, linens, computers, etc. However, that being said, I must confess that when the q had a Canon DSLR last Nov/Dec as a TSV I watched 3 of the one hour presentations. My 16 year old grandson loves photography and had specifically asked for the Canon T3i and there it was - the exact right camera, a TSV, 6 EasyPays, 2 extra lenses, an SD card, a carrying case AND, most of all, the best price that I had seen anywhere for any bundle.

I wanted to know all there was about the darned thing so I watched all 3 of the one hour long presentations before I purchased it. I checked online to see if there was anything comparable at a similar price and there wasn't. The q was also offering the Square Deal warranty at a better price than Costco had it and it was only for that day.

I can't imagine ever doing that again for anything but I did do it for that camera for a beloved grandson. Okay, so I'm a sucker for the kid! The truth is out!