Honored Contributor

Re: What Shampoo/Cond. / Cleanser are you currently loving?

@SandGirl wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@SandGirl For me, it has been Tweak'd products. My hair loves them. My hair was not in very good shape until trying Tweak'd. It really has done wonders for my hair, its growing again, looks healthy and it doesn't look so thin and lifeless, like before........

I have finally found what works for me, and I plan to keep using it, I have stopped trying all others! Love it! 

@CANDLEQUEEN  I have tried some of it as well and like it but my hair is still on the dry side, I do not have their "solid oil" stuff yet, do you use that? What are you using and loving? I have long hair to my bra line....

@SandGirl Hi! I am currently using:

Restore Cleansing Treatment

Hair Revitalizing Treatment Mist

Tweak'd by Nature Restore Shampoo and Conditioner

I have very very dry hair as well, and this has really helped, especially the Restore Cleansing Treatment!

Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@SandGirl  I just love those Save Me products! I've tried 2 - the Polution Assault & the Chemical Conflict. There's also one for volume, which is not my concern. But you might want to look at that one.

Also recently am using Carol's Daughter Goddess S & C, another winner for me. (Been using CD ever since WEN fiasco years ago.)

@Harpa  You gave me another one to check into, I had not heard of "Save Me", I googled, they look amazing, I will for sure look at them further. THANK YOU

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 

Hi Yes I agree ! I have had my share of "clunkers" over the years . Things that worked great for my friends but left my hair  or skin worse . I also have acne prone skin so I always like to try samples preferably deluxe samples .I need to try somethings a few times . Tiny little one try samples really dont give you a chance to check  out . Luckily Better not Younger had a sample kit , which worked for me . 

Honored Contributor

Pureology Strength Cure shampoo and conditioner.  I fairly recently posted that I walsy poo-pooed salon/high dollar hair products.  However, I was having such issues with my hair that I took the plunge.

I am so happy I did this.  My hair is very fine, poker straight and thin. My hair is color treated every 7-8 weeks plus I use a blow dryer and flat iron.  This isn't a volumizing line of products but my hair has more volume and body than it ever had.  It has really helped with my dry ends.  I have been trying to grow my hair out but I wasn't getting anywhere because my ends got so bad in between appointments that every 8 weeks when I went for color, she had no choice but but cut my dead ends.  Now, I get my hair trimmed every other appointment so it is finally growing.  It's not breaking or splitting. 

As much as I love this, I do still want to give Olaplex a try as well.  I'm hoping that Nordstrom will have a value set during their summer sale. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Pureology Strength Cure shampoo and conditioner.  I fairly recently posted that I walsy poo-pooed salon/high dollar hair products.  However, I was having such issues with my hair that I took the plunge.

I am so happy I did this.  My hair is very fine, poker straight and thin. My hair is color treated every 7-8 weeks plus I use a blow dryer and flat iron.  This isn't a volumizing line of products but my hair has more volume and body than it ever had.  It has really helped with my dry ends.  I have been trying to grow my hair out but I wasn't getting anywhere because my ends got so bad in between appointments that every 8 weeks when I went for color, she had no choice but but cut my dead ends.  Now, I get my hair trimmed every other appointment so it is finally growing.  It's not breaking or splitting. 

As much as I love this, I do still want to give Olaplex a try as well.  I'm hoping that Nordstrom will have a value set during their summer sale. 

@Lipstickdiva   Thank you! Pureology has been on my list to try for a while, I didn't know if I should go with Hydrate or Cure - I always worry about to much protein in some of the damage correcting formulas becasue over time to much protein can dry your hair out and cause breakage.

I did try Olaplex, very concentrated, only need a little bit but the conditioner was not enough and I bought shampoo/cond/leave in and #3, used for about 3 months total, didn't really notice any improvement especially for the money. If you can find a good deal on a set, try it that way  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I only use Kevin Murphy products on my hair. My hair has never looked so good! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   Thank you! Pureology has been on my list to try for a while, I didn't know if I should go with Hydrate or Cure - I always worry about to much protein in some of the damage correcting formulas becasue over time to much protein can dry your hair out and cause breakage.

I did try Olaplex, very concentrated, only need a little bit but the conditioner was not enough and I bought shampoo/cond/leave in and #3, used for about 3 months total, didn't really notice any improvement especially for the money. If you can find a good deal on a set, try it that way  Smiley Happy

@SandGirl , I am just about done with the strength cure so this time I purchased the hydrate to switch it up.  My hairstylist thinks the Olaplex might be too much for my thin, fine hair which is why I haven't bought it.  Yet.  LOL  

Check Sephora and Beauty Brands for Pureology. Beauty Brands was doing buy one get one half off on select Pureology products.  When I first bought the brand, Sephora had a value set that was a good deal.

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I only use Kevin Murphy products on my hair. My hair has never looked so good! 

@ID2  I REALLY want to try this stuff but no place around me carry's it and Amazon a lot of the reviews say its fake product, do you get locally or do you order on line? Also, which line do you use? Hydrate me, Plumping or?

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SandGirl , I am just about done with the strength cure so this time I purchased the hydrate to switch it up.  My hairstylist thinks the Olaplex might be too much for my thin, fine hair which is why I haven't bought it.  Yet.  LOL  

Check Sephora and Beauty Brands for Pureology. Beauty Brands was doing buy one get one half off on select Pureology products.  When I first bought the brand, Sephora had a value set that was a good deal.

@Lipstickdiva   Beauty brands seems to have the best price plus found a 25% off coupon. I was reading on Ulta where the expert recommended using Hydrate one wash and Cure the next to be sure you don't end up with to much protein from the Cure, might not be a bad way to use it?

Valued Contributor

@ID2 

Hi are you using his styling products  too ? I follow the German Makeup artist/hair stylist Karin Gade . She has a youtube channel for women ,especially  those withsilver hair and over 40 . She uses his products and the hairstyles always look great . thanks so much !