Respected Contributor

What Shampoo/Cond. / Cleanser are you currently loving?

Since getting closer to 50 my hair which used to be shiny, manageable and pretty good head of hair has turned dry (did I mention dry?) tangles super easy, very dull and is not manageable at all.

Over the years it has thinned so my super fine hair is now a lot less of it than I used to have, I always had fine hair but a lot of it.

I've been trying diff. shampoo/Cond. sets but I am not finding anything that is making a diff. in my hair.

Have you found something that somewhat turned your hair around and that you are loving? Would love to hear.

My hair is not gray yet so I do not color but I do blow it dry and put light curls in it for added definition and body.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: What Shampoo/Cond. / Cleanser are you currently loving?

@SandGirl  I now have white hair. I have tried so many different brands of shampoo and conditioner....nothing really wows me at all. My hair tends to be drier now that it is white. I only wash it once a week. 

Trusted Contributor

There is a new brand called Better Not Younger that I really like. It is made for women over 40 and it addresses hair needs of the middle aged to older woman. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use OGX Biogin and Collagen Shampoo with the matching Biogin and Collagen Conditioner. You can find this OTC pretty much anywhere. They have several formulas. I have used it for years and it is very cost friendly. Since the pandemic, my hair has really grown long and I make sure it is conditioned, since I use hot rollers on it. This works for me. You can find it at local drugstores (CVS, Target,  Walmart, Walgreens, etc) as well as local grocery stores as well.  Sulfate free too. I do not color my hair, have not for years. 

Something new to try and it won't break the bank! 

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

There is a new brand called Better Not Younger that I really like. It is made for women over 40 and it addresses hair needs of the middle aged to older woman. 

@LuvmyLab  Never heard of this, where do you find it?

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl 

Hi I posted on another thread about shampoo . I have always had fine hair and since my teens tried everything including perms , hot roller etc . i will soon be 58 and as you said it has thinned a bit . The only products I have found that work for me are THE BETTER NOT YOUNGER brand . i use their voluminzing shampoo and conditioner along with their thickening spray . I also use their charcoal scalp cleanser once a week . As I said on the other post , they are pricey but as someone who has dealt with fine hair all my life these are worth every penny. I think HSN sells them as well as Sephora . I ordered directly from their site because I signed up and they give you 10% off .

Have a great week ! 

Valued Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

Hi I just posted about this brand below . it is fabulous I have salt and pepper hair . It is probably one of if not the best brand I have tried . I will soon be 58 .

have a great week 

Respected Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@LuvmyLab 

Hi I just posted about this brand below . it is fabulous I have salt and pepper hair . It is probably one of if not the best brand I have tried . I will soon be 58 .

have a great week 

@marmarbrooklyn   This is new to me, I found on HSN and listening to the video ono the product, thank you for recommending!!

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl  I use Baby Don't Cry Shampoo by Paul Mitchell.  Also their conditioner and detangler.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl  At the big cosmetics store that starts with an "S".  The prices are reasonable also, along the lines of other nicer brands.