Respected Contributor

Re: What Shampoo/Cond. / Cleanser are you currently loving?

@Mary Bailey
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂🎉🎈!!
Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik   Thank You!

Respected Contributor

Aveda Botanical shampoo and conditioner has been the very best I have used so far - really good for my hair and doesn't weigh it down. Makes it very healthy looking.

I switch off and use Aveda brilliant shampoo once in a while. 

I'm waiting for it to go on sale again, it's expensive!  My daughter used it and she loved it also.  I've even gotten rid of some of the other shampoos I had.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Pureology Strength Cure shampoo and conditioner.  I fairly recently posted that I walsy poo-pooed salon/high dollar hair products.  However, I was having such issues with my hair that I took the plunge.

I am so happy I did this.  My hair is very fine, poker straight and thin. My hair is color treated every 7-8 weeks plus I use a blow dryer and flat iron.  This isn't a volumizing line of products but my hair has more volume and body than it ever had.  It has really helped with my dry ends.  I have been trying to grow my hair out but I wasn't getting anywhere because my ends got so bad in between appointments that every 8 weeks when I went for color, she had no choice but but cut my dead ends.  Now, I get my hair trimmed every other appointment so it is finally growing.  It's not breaking or splitting. 

As much as I love this, I do still want to give Olaplex a try as well.  I'm hoping that Nordstrom will have a value set during their summer sale. 

@Lipstickdiva   Thank you! Pureology has been on my list to try for a while, I didn't know if I should go with Hydrate or Cure - I always worry about to much protein in some of the damage correcting formulas becasue over time to much protein can dry your hair out and cause breakage.

I did try Olaplex, very concentrated, only need a little bit but the conditioner was not enough and I bought shampoo/cond/leave in and #3, used for about 3 months total, didn't really notice any improvement especially for the money. If you can find a good deal on a set, try it that way  Smiley Happy

@SandGirl , I am just about done with the strength cure so this time I purchased the hydrate to switch it up.  My hairstylist thinks the Olaplex might be too much for my thin, fine hair which is why I haven't bought it.  Yet.  LOL  

Check Sephora and Beauty Brands for Pureology. Beauty Brands was doing buy one get one half off on select Pureology products.  When I first bought the brand, Sephora had a value set that was a good deal.

@Lipstickdiva   Beauty brands seems to have the best price plus found a 25% off coupon. I was reading on Ulta where the expert recommended using Hydrate one wash and Cure the next to be sure you don't end up with to much protein from the Cure, might not be a bad way to use it?

@SandGirl , I didn't think of that.  I'm going to put both in my shower and alternate.  Thanks!

I wonder if you contacted the Kevin Murphy company if they could ship the product to you?

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Aveda Botanical shampoo and conditioner has been the very best I have used so far - really good for my hair and doesn't weigh it down. Makes it very healthy looking.

I switch off and use Aveda brilliant shampoo once in a while. 

I'm waiting for it to go on sale again, it's expensive!  My daughter used it and she loved it also.  I've even gotten rid of some of the other shampoos I had.

@HerRoyaLioness I've read really good things about this line as well.  I want to go in a salon and smell it because many of the Aveda products are too fragranced for me.     

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva - you are right, Aveda products have fragrance!  I have fortunately loved the scent everything Aveda I have tried.

This shampoo is no exception, but their fragrance is a ways down on the ingredient list and per the bottle has "Aveda's own pure-fume aroma with certified organic ylang ylang, rose, marjoram and other pure flower and plant essences..."

It is expensive, so I don't blame you for wanting to smell it before purchasing - but remember this shampoo is very concentrated, so it may be a little overwhelming smelling it directly out of the bottle.  Ask if you can wash your hands with it, then you can get a truer sense of what it is like LOL!!!

The fragrance is different - not floral, not sweet smelling,and not a deep (woodsy) scent but more on that order I guess.  Fragrance is so hard to describe.

I hope you get to try it, I just love this stuff and what it does for my hair.

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl - Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair shampoo and conditioner. My fine, somewhat dry hair loves it.

Respected Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@SandGirl - Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair shampoo and conditioner. My fine, somewhat dry hair loves it.

@AspenGrove   I have looked at this as well and even sent a note to the company asking if it can be used daily or at least 4-5 times a week, I wasn't sure if it had to much protein in it which can be amazing at first but over time cause weak brittle hair from to much protein. I wish I had heard back from them.

What changes do you see in your hair and how long have you used iti? Ulta has travel size so good size to try. Thank you!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

@AspenGrove wrote:

@AspenGrove   I have looked at this as well and even sent a note to the company asking if it can be used daily or at least 4-5 times a week, I wasn't sure if it had to much protein in it which can be amazing at first but over time cause weak brittle hair from to much protein. I wish I had heard back from them.

What changes do you see in your hair and how long have you used iti? Ulta has travel size so good size to try. Thank you!!

@SandGirl  I got the shampoo as a free sample with a Sephora order just as the pandemic hit, and I was instantly hooked.The conditioner in this set is actually pretty new. They orginally only had the mask. Loving the conditioner as well.

I wash my hair every other day, but sometimes daily and—at least for me—my hair remains healthy and happy no matter what. I know what you mean about protein-heavy shampoos and that has not been my experience with Briogeo's "don't despair" set at all. My hair is notably frizz-free, shiny, and just looks better even on days I'm not washing. No other shampoos do that for me.  And, other shampoos tend to eventually dry my hair out but not this set.

I've been using it for over a year now, so I figure that's a good test. And finally, this is honestly the only sulfate-free shampoo that ever worked for my hair, so that's an added plus for the couple of times I color each year. And, unlike other sulfate-free shampoos, this one lathers. Yay! 

Respected Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@AspenGrove wrote:

@SandGirl  I got the shampoo as a free sample with a Sephora order just as the pandemic hit, and I was instantly hooked.The conditioner in this set is actually pretty new. They orginally only had the mask. Loving the conditioner as well.

I wash my hair every other day, but sometimes daily and—at least for me—my hair remains healthy and happy no matter what. I know what you mean about protein-heavy shampoos and that has not been my experience with Briogeo's "don't despair" set at all. My hair is notably frizz-free, shiny, and just looks better even on days I'm not washing. No other shampoos do that for me.  And, other shampoos tend to eventually dry my hair out but not this set.

I've been using it for over a year now, so I figure that's a good test. And finally, this is honestly the only sulfate-free shampoo that ever worked for my hair, so that's an added plus for the couple of times I color each year. And, unlike other sulfate-free shampoos, this one lathers. Yay! 

@AspenGrove   I am for sure going to pick this up - THANK YOU, did you see the set they have right now on Nordtrom? Check it out when you get a chance if you are running low  Smiley Happy  THANK YOU!!!