Honored Contributor

What Product Do I Use For This Hair Style?

I got my hair cut like this yesterday.  I like it a lot!  I use Powder Play on top.  What type of product would I use for the rest of my hair?  No, I didn't ask my hair dresser.  My knee was hurting too bad and it was way before noon!  My brain was still in bed Smiley Surprised  I have some Got2b Glued Styling Spiking Glue.  Would that work?  

Thanks

hc.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Product Do I Use For This Hair Style?

Got2b Glued Spiking Gel has gotten good reviews on Amazon. That should work well on your style. I don't know how many products you want to use, otherwise, that gel might just be enough.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I think that would work well.... I think a root lifter would also work.  I like AG spray wax on my roots to give a little grit to my hair. 

Super cute style!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @teganslaw 

I don't mind using two products.  I could never part with my Big Sexy Hair Powder Play

eta:  correct name of product

Honored Contributor

@justashopper 

Thanks!  The Big Sexy Hair Power Play is a gritty root lifter.  It is an incredible product but I don't see it working for the rest of my hair.

So would I rub the Got2be between my fingers and just start piecing it out?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I got my hair cut like this yesterday.  I like it a lot!  I use Powder Play on top.  What type of product would I use for the rest of my hair?  No, I didn't ask my hair dresser.  My knee was hurting too bad and it was way before noon!  My brain was still in bed Smiley Surprised  I have some Got2b Glued Styling Spiking Glue.  Would that work?  

Thanks

hc.jpg

ask Lisa RennerWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

bed head has some nice "manipulators" in little pots.  My stylist has used it on short spiky cuts when I've gone that route.  Aveda also sells a styling paste geared towards men, but there's no reason a woman can't (I have).

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Just wanted to say I love the cut and style........

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm - love the haircut! When my hair was short, I think I used either a wax or paste to pull out the hair.

Respected Contributor

That looks like a beautiful cut.  Love the piece-y look.  You're lucky to have straight hair.  Curly hair is a curse, lemme tell ya.  I'd love to have that cut.  Enjoy it!