Honored Contributor

What Oil for Skin

[ Edited ]

I was looking at Oils online for skin and there are so many, how do you even decide?  There is

Argan, apricot kernel, camellia seed, carrot, chia seed oil, cranberry seed, jojobba,  marula, plum, red raspberry,  pric*ly pear cactus, hibiscus, maracuja, pumpkin seed oil, and more!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I am not into oils at all, but I got one from Pacifica Beauty, containing several oils, including Blue Tansy, which is one I wanted to try. It is called their Flower Oil. 

Valued Contributor

@CherryHugs

Hi there is a blogger called Dawn Michelle her site.is Minamilist Beauty .She is a wealth of knowledge and has several articles on the best one for different skin types.I tried oils but for my oily acne prone skin I just couldn't get them to work with any results .She has a ton of information for anyone looking to try oils or decide which ones 

Good luck 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What Oil for Skin

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs  Marula oil is nice because it absorbs quickly.   It does not feel greasy either.  Goggle it to see it's benefits.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
I’m a BIG fan of Skinn Divine Elixir Luminous Oil. I’ve tried several facial oils in the past and always ended up disappointed. The Skinn oil is the best I’ve ever used. I have it on auto ship so I never run out.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the "DHC Olive Virgin Oil".  It contains the single ingredient of cosmetic grade olive oil, nothing else.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a huge oil person, but the last time I was in Blue Mercury, they recommended rose hip oil.  Suppose to make your skin healthy and glowing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped using body lotions several years ago.  I buy jars of extra virgin organic coconut oil, and keep some in a small plastic lock and lock in the bathroom.  Use it all over from the neck down after my shower.  Wait a bit before getting dressed and it has been absorbed by that time.

It works great for me....my skin is very soft, smooth and hydrated.  Pretty inexpensive compared to a lot of lotions, too.

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs Whenever I watch QVC or beauty channels on YouTube, everyone recommends oils on the skin.  That is why I tried numerous oils--Argon, Maracuja, Marula, Jojoba, Rosehip...etc. Until I finally realized that my skin does not like oil.  Regular moisturizer is best for me.  My skin feels much better without facial oils.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
I’m a BIG fan of Skinn Divine Elixir Luminous Oil. I’ve tried several facial oils in the past and always ended up disappointed. The Skinn oil is the best I’ve ever used. I have it on auto ship so I never run out.

Hi @JeanLouiseFinch . What are the results you get by using the Skinn product?  Do you use it every night or how often do you apply?