Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,558
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?

I want to tell you about what i have found ,that really does not make sense to me ,i had been using retn a from  a mail order place, found very little peeling,  so i decidec to try otc, paulas choice, i am very surprised  with this, slight peeling.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,181
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?


@goldensrbest wrote:

I want to tell you about what i have found ,that really does not make sense to me ,i had been using retn a from  a mail order place, found very little peeling,  so i decidec to try otc, paulas choice, i am very surprised  with this, slight peeling.


@goldensrbest  She has two, one in a silver can and the other in a purple type pump, which did you try?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,539
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?


@goldensrbest wrote:

I want to tell you about what i have found ,that really does not make sense to me ,i had been using retn a from  a mail order place, found very little peeling,  so i decidec to try otc, paulas choice, i am very surprised  with this, slight peeling.


 

 

What strength Retin-A were you using? @goldensrbest 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,558
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?

0.5 from all day chemist.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,078
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?

I bought Consult Beauty, not tried it yet, their Regenerol serum concentrate is 3%, highest % I have seen OTC. Lots of Mom and Pop brands, many organic ingredients on ebay are 2.5 %.  I tried PTR, did noting for my skin. sadly, neither did PC or Mad Hippie. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,539
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?

@goldensrbest 

I wonder if the vitamin C in the PC might be to blame for your peeling. Some people can't use both vitamin C and retinol together at once...it's too irritating for some people.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,558
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?

Well, i just am liking a little peeling,  makes me think it is actually working,  if you read my post from months ago,i just really have to question allday chemist.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,539
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?


@goldensrbest wrote:

Well, i just am liking a little peeling,  makes me think it is actually working,  if you read my post from months ago,i just really have to question allday chemist.


 

 

 

Yes, @goldensrbest , I saw your post regarding ADC and their tretinoin. I have been using theirs for many years and at one point I had the peeling red skin. But after a while that all went away, which is what should happen. It is not necessary to peel when using tretinoin...that is actually a side effect which normally subides with continued use. If you want to see some peeling when using tretinoin, then use a higher dose, apply more of it each time and/or apply it more frequently. Sometimes the 'pea-size' amount recommended is simply not enough. I use almost twice that amount...almost two pea-size amounts in fact. That pea-size amount is generally recommended because people initially tend to go overboard with this type of medication...it's a habit of using OTC creams where more is used in that instance. But there's nothing wrong or incorrect about using more than a pea-size amount of tretinoin, especially if your skin is oily.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,970
Registered: ‎01-30-2015

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?


@Shelbelle wrote:

I bought Consult Beauty, not tried it yet, their Regenerol serum concentrate is 3%, highest % I have seen OTC. Lots of Mom and Pop brands, many organic ingredients on ebay are 2.5 %.  I tried PTR, did noting for my skin. sadly, neither did PC or Mad Hippie. 


I hve also been using Consult, but couldnt find anywhere what % it was, its not on their website nor on the package- I just ordered the Skin Medica 1% so i hope I am not moving BACKWARD!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,539
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What OTC Retinol product do you notice the most improvements with?


@mothertrucker wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I bought Consult Beauty, not tried it yet, their Regenerol serum concentrate is 3%, highest % I have seen OTC. Lots of Mom and Pop brands, many organic ingredients on ebay are 2.5 %.  I tried PTR, did noting for my skin. sadly, neither did PC or Mad Hippie. 


I hve also been using Consult, but couldnt find anywhere what % it was, its not on their website nor on the package- I just ordered the Skin Medica 1% so i hope I am not moving BACKWARD!


 

 

Honestly, if the amount of an active ingredient isn't given then that would make me not want to buy it. That should be a red flag as far as how much of it is really in there. I think you did really good with buying the Skinmedica. Woman Happy@mothertrucker