Super Contributor

Re: What Makeup/Skincare Are You Asking Santa For?

@monicakm wrote:

@RooRoo 

No no!  Santa is not bringing me any beauty items.  I'm done.  Not only am I done buying makeup but I've unsubscribed to at over half of the beauty vloggers I've been watching on YT.  I haven't unsubscribed to Mel Thompson tho

@monicakm  Same, I'm done as well.  Every year I look forward to the Sephora sale, put things in my cart, take them out of my cart, over & over & still go a bit overboard.  I'm happy with my selections and have so much to play around with that nothing tempts me for a long while.  As far as YT, I'm sorry that you lost one of your faves.  I never watched her but I'm sure if you watched long enough, it can be like losing one of your "friends" (may she RIP).  When I make up my mind to not buy, whether it's clothes, makeup or whatever, I turn the temptations off and switch gears.  

Lately I'm into electronics & having fun with those. I've got several things going on with my health, went to a Hematologist this past week (yikes) & have procedures & upcoming appointments that I'm not looking forward to.  I know you have your pending TKR.  My mind is on those things for now.  Hey, at least we'll look lovely at our doctor's appointments 😎  PS, I still haven't received my BareMinerals lipstick trio so I have that to look forward to.  Have a great day! 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@RooRoo 

No no!  Santa is not bringing me any beauty items.  I'm done.  Not only am I done buying makeup but I've unsubscribed to at over half of the beauty vloggers I've been watching on YT.  I haven't unsubscribed to Mel Thompson tho and I won't.  Makeup and especially makeup videos have been slowly becoming less interesting since she died.  I love everything she talked me into buying but I have enough and no one else on YT has her take on beauty (which aligned with mine) and I've not found anyone else that holds my interest like she did.  Samantha March is a distant distant 2nd place.  Julia Adams MUA is so sweet and genuine.  I'm sticking with those two for sure for while longer.  Taylor Wynn...not sure what to do about her but also getting back to luxury real-estate.

@monicakm and @RooRoo - I understand about not buying any more makeup.  Wiith my last eyeshadow and blush purchases I have enough to last me for years.  If something seems tempting, I tell myself that I have those colors already and sometimes will actually look through my palette or blushes to remind myself!  LOL  This is not to say I won't buy anymore makeup because I've said that before and then caved on something but I am being a lot more selective.  Still enjoy watching the makeup people that I'm subscribed to on YT so not unsubscribing to any of those yet. 

Skin care though will always be bought and enjoyed.  

Super Contributor

@JudyL  Yep, I totally get it. I still watch my YT faves & some beauty shows. It would just have to be something so new and different from what I have for me to buy now. I'm fully stocked beyond my gills, LOL. Never say never tho. I still enjoy reading about your purchases and everyone's reviews of their stuff!  That

"beauty " gene we've inherited is here to stay. I'll probably buy again when Sephora has their next 20% sale in the spring 😎

Respected Contributor

I love receiving high end skincare, that's is a luxurious treat for me.  I also gifted some to a friend and she was thrilled!

Sure, I can buy my own but when it comes to the big bucks purchases I would like someone to pick it up, especially if it's in a gift pack.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't ask for facial skincare but I do often put body products, make-up items/kits on my gift list for my sister and SIL to buy for me, if asked and I will ask my DH for perfume.  I also like giving these types of items as well.  I would have no problem buying skincare for someone if that is what they wanted. 

I didn't aks for anything this year but I did buy the Buxom Crown Jewels gloss set for my SIL and I bought a Sephora "best of" lip kit for my sister.

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

I hope all your tests come back negative.  I'm waiting on blood work results that may postpone my knee replacement again Smiley Sad  This whole affair is nuts!

I've been a tech geek for 40 years.  My router reports that we have 40ish smart devices that range from smart outlets to Google Nest products and security cams (which are mostly for fun.  Our dogs are our "security cams").

PS...I still plan on sneaking into the hospital with my false lashes Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@RainyDayGal  I purchased beauty gifts for ones that love makeup & beauty things. One gift, the Replica sampler set, will be a winner for my friend who I know wouldn't splurge on herself.  Also I'm gifting a Sephora's most popular lip balm/ lip kit which I would love to receive, as well. I wouldn't purchase beauty items for just anyone though, I've got to know the person well. Happy to read some peeps still enjoy receiving these kinds of gifts. 

Super Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@RooRoo 

I hope all your tests come back negative.  I'm waiting on blood work results that may postpone my knee replacement again Smiley Sad  This whole affair is nuts!

@monicakm  I'm sorry to hear you might have to postpone, better to get it over & done with!  If they let you, why not wear your lashes?  You're funny. You are motivated & will do well once you're fixed, LOL.  Thanks for your good wishes, I'm trying to not get ahead of myself since I won't have definitive answers until the new year.  Tomorrow I go for my first of several tests/procedure & I would be lying if I said I'm not scared.  The thought of leukemia and bone marrow biopsies are rough for me to sleep thru.  

I'm having lots of fun with my Google hubs, minis, etc and have recently added light bulbs & outlets.  You've influenced me!!  Just kidding, I love it all.  💃🏻

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

Oh no Smiley Sad  I can't believe they're making you wait that long for results after telling you of a possible diagnosis.  I'm so sorry Smiley Sad  I'll pray for a good report.  Bless your heart.

Try talking to Google like you would a friend or loved one.  The responses can be so life like.  Tell Google you love him/her or that s/he is your best friend (and replies will vary).  Or that you don't feel well.  I have it play "dog music" when I leave the house.  It's just soothing/relaxing music.  Have you asked it to play music from a certain era, like "Hey Goolge, play soft pop from the 70's" or ask for a favorite song (or or current) and it will continue to play songs of that ear and genre.  Have you enabled the "Weather Frog".  It mimics your current local weather while the frog does several things like lay in a hammock and read a book, rake leaves, waters his flowers, etc.  But the most helpful for me is reminders and recurring reminders and adding to the shopping list... (Hey Google, add milk to my shopping list)frog.jpg

Honored Contributor

No Makeup, or skincare, I buy my own of both. But every year hubby buys me a nice huge bottle of perfume of my choice, or sometimes he picks it out, this year I asked specifically for Flowerbomb-the big bottle-I love it!!!!!!!