Honored Contributor

Re: What Makeup/Skincare Are You Asking Santa For?

When it comes to makeup and skincare, Santa would be completely clueless.  I'd be better off ordering it myself on Santa's behalf.

Respected Contributor

My husband needs very specific description of any kind of gift whether it's a Christmas of birthday or whatever.  Item number, location, pictures...the more the better.  This year I asked for an Ulta gift certificate.  My daughter showed him where the store is.

Honored Contributor

My kids wanted to know what I would like so rather than getting stuff that I won't use I gave them a small list of a few items that I would really appreciate...

Kerastase shampoo

Benefit box of powder in Dandelion

Philosophy shower gel & whipped body moisturizer in Amazing Grace.

Honored Contributor

Since I am my own Santa, she (me) visits me all year long.  HAHA

I did order some new hair products the other day that I normally wouldn't buy so maybe that'll be my present to me from me.  But then there was that order last night from Sephora....and the trip to Ulta....well at least Santa's been busy!

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

No no!  Santa is not bringing me any beauty items.  I'm done.  Not only am I done buying makeup but I've unsubscribed to at over half of the beauty vloggers I've been watching on YT.  I haven't unsubscribed to Mel Thompson tho and I won't.  Makeup and especially makeup videos have been slowly becoming less interesting since she died.  I love everything she talked me into buying but I have enough and no one else on YT has her take on beauty (which aligned with mine) and I've not found anyone else that holds my interest like she did.  Samantha March is a distant distant 2nd place.  Julia Adams MUA is so sweet and genuine.  I'm sticking with those two for sure for while longer.  Taylor Wynn...not sure what to do about her but also getting back to luxury real-estate.

I've accumulated a large amt of Sephora samples over the last two years.  I mostly throw them in a basket.  Yesterday I took that basket over to mom's for her to take whatever she wanted.  You would have thought she won the lottery!  Everything from Tom Ford lipstick to hair serums Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

I don't remember this incident  but my husband said when we were dating he bought me a watch that I returned and picked out another that looked nearly identical.  When it comes to gift giving he has always used that as his reason for letting me pick out my own gifts Smiley Surprised  

As always I will tell him this Christmas that I don't want anything for Christmas...I really don't!   But as always he will  insist.  I enjoy things I "need" for gifts and I NEED to have my car's SYNC system upgraded.  That's $100 so that's what I'm asking for Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

But is shopping for makeup and hair products really being "busy"? (g)

What did you buy at Sephora last night?

Honored Contributor

I'm not asking for anything, but our DIL asked for some Mad Hippie products and I was happy to oblige and create a set for her.

Honored Contributor

Nothing.  I buy it when I need it.  For years, though, my mama would buy me the Estee' Lauder Christmas kit every Christmas.  I always looked forward to it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

But is shopping for makeup and hair products really being "busy"? (g)

What did you buy at Sephora last night?

@monicakm - since Sephora was having their sale, I purchased the Bobbi Brown color corrector and Kosas concealer.  Have been wanting to try both.