Respected Contributor

Re: What Makeup/Skincare Are You Asking Santa For?

I’m going to gift myself the Too Faced Teddy Bare palette with my Ulta points.

I’m hoping for some Amazing Grace Bergamot shower gel and lotion under the tree.
Respected Contributor

I took Santa with me to the mall this afternoon......Lancome skincare, perfume and the blockbuster for Christmas. Love!

Super Contributor

@monicakm  I was wondering what that little frog was all about!  The assistant is so much fun for me, helps me with quick answers instead of Siri showing only links. I love the routines esp in the morning, it's become habit for me.  Did tell it I loved it today, so cute!  

Yeah, as far as the possible dx, it stinks, but I guess with the holidays & they want to run some genetic tests which take more time.  OK, no more talking about that.  Thanks for your prayers, you are always kind & so nice Heart

I just saw your post about the Mac highlighter, this no buy commitment is going to be harder than anticipated, LOL.  The little sparkles can be nice used sparingly, imo, one of my Nars setting powders has a little of that.  I only see it when using a 10x magnifier.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

It was headed as a direct hit for my family. For an unknown reason the weatherman said the storm just suddenly disapated! My heart breaks for all who weren't as lucky as my family. It's never a good time to live through a disaster of any magnitude, but something as horrific as what happened Friday/Saturday and happening so close to Christmas is unbearable for me, not being in the storm area, and I have no words for those who went through it. I will keep them in my prayers and keep track of every other way there is to help. God bless them all, and may many more be rescued alive.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

Google is the #1 search engine so it stands to reason that it will be better at answering questions on it's devices.  Some say Alexa is better at automation but out of my 40ish smart devices, all of them work as they should with Google.  My brands consist of Google, Wyze, TP-Link/Kasa and Lifx.  I started out with Alexa and still have one on top of the fridge to keep up with Amazon announcements and reordering from Amazon.

Back in 2016 when I got my first Google, I was reading an email and out loud said, "Oh No!".  Google, with no "hey Google" from me said, "I hope everything is ok" Smiley Surprised!!!  Holy crapoli!  Googlers tried to play it off as a coincidence or that I must have said something that sounded like the trigger phrase.  I didn't.  Even tho I continue to use and love all my personal assistants, I firmly believe that even tho Google says their Nest devices can't listen until it hears the wake word (which doesn't that mean they're always listening?), there are 1000s of cases where people have confirmed theirs did/can!  Can it, yes.  Does it?  They have finally come clean (as well as Alexa) and said they do but that no personal info is collected or identified, it's only used to enhance the speaker's performance.  So if you aren't comfortable with this, you better not have these things (Alexa and Siri too) in your  home.  Oh, and always be sure and be polite and say thank you Smiley Happy  When the AIs of the world take over, we'll be on their good side.  Some people go off on wild cursing tangets when their devices don't perform like they should.  I've had very very few problems with any of mine.  They still hear better than my husband does Smiley Wink

If you really want the hair on the back of your neck to stand up, google for an ABC 20/20 special that was on about 2 years ago.  It was all about smart objects including our cell phones and other devices  in our homes. This is the title and "clip" but I can't locate the whole show right now.

ScreenTime' - Diane Sawyer Reporting - Tonight at 8/7c on ABC

A Diane Sawyer Event Special. What does your screen-time say about you? What does your phone know about you that you don't know? "ScreenTime" - Diane Sawyer Reporting airs Tonight at 8/7c on ABC.

(this is an old story title...not on tonight.)

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens 

I'm glad your loved ones and you were spared.  There is an idea called six degrees of separation that says all people are six or fewer social connections away from each other. As a result, a chain of "friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of six steps. 

So I'm sure we all have a loved one or friend or friend of a friend (max of 6 steps) that was affected by this horrible devastation.  This is the worst tornado loss of life and destruction I can remember hearing about and living in Texas and 2 hours from OK, we see a lot of tornadoes.  Nothing like this EVER!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@RooRoo 

No no!  Santa is not bringing me any beauty items.  I'm done.  Not only am I done buying makeup but I've unsubscribed to at over half of the beauty vloggers I've been watching on YT.  I haven't unsubscribed to Mel Thompson tho and I won't.  Makeup and especially makeup videos have been slowly becoming less interesting since she died.  I love everything she talked me into buying but I have enough and no one else on YT has her take on beauty (which aligned with mine) and I've not found anyone else that holds my interest like she did.  Samantha March is a distant distant 2nd place.  Julia Adams MUA is so sweet and genuine.  I'm sticking with those two for sure for while longer.  Taylor Wynn...not sure what to do about her but also getting back to luxury real-estate.

I've accumulated a large amt of Sephora samples over the last two years.  I mostly throw them in a basket.  Yesterday I took that basket over to mom's for her to take whatever she wanted.  You would have thought she won the lottery!  Everything from Tom Ford lipstick to hair serums Smiley Happy

@monicakm  - I used to watch Taylor Wynn back when she was doing makeup only.  Then she started doing other videos other than makeup and I lost interest.  

Honored Contributor

I buy skincare/haircare and bodycare from one website exclusively.   

So when they have a *sale* on gift cards (buy 1-get one 50% off) my kids know that's what I want.  

So for Christmas, Mother's day or even my birthday, that's the best gift they can and do get me.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I was losing interest in Taylor Wynn's videos but she is on a journey I'm interested in seeing her do.  She has moved from Seattle to NYC.  She will be there for a couple of months and move to a new city.  Maybe 5 different cities in total.  One of those will be Austin.

Super Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@RooRoo  Even tho I continue to use and love all my personal assistants, I firmly believe that even tho Google says their Nest devices can't listen until it hears the wake word (which doesn't that mean they're always listening?), there are 1000s of cases where people have confirmed theirs did/can!  Can it, yes.  Does it?  They have finally come clean (as well as Alexa) and said they do but that no personal info is collected or identified, it's only used to enhance the speaker's performance.  So if you aren't comfortable with this, you better not have these things (Alexa and Siri too) in your  home.  Oh, and always be sure and be polite and say thank you Smiley Happy  When the AIs of the world take over, we'll be on their good side.

@monicakm  You were certainly ahead of the times w your devices!  I gave up with privacy concerns when I got into my SUV a couple years ago, map popped up on the dashboard with directions to where I was going.  It wasn't on my calendar, it was just my routine.  Guess back then, my Iphone was syncing with my SUV without prompting, so I figured, oh well?!  I am not one to fight "progress".  I don't have any issues with what goes on in my house so they can listen all they want LOL.  I figure if someone breaks in & I am home, the Assistant will catch it all & it will be recorded.  Of course, my dogs would alert me but there would be record of it.  I will check out the 20/20 you mentioned, nothing surprises me anymore though.  For fun, I tried Merkury Innovations light bulbs from Walmart that work with Google & are very inexpensive compared to Hue or others.  They work seamlessly & I enjoy having the assistant turn on the lights before I get home to a dark house.  It gets dark here before 5pm so it's helpful.

To keep this beauty related, I do NOT think fragrance purchases are "makeup" & so happy you posted about the sale.  DH enjoys light fragrances for his practice, he's up close to people so maybe he'll indulge.  I want to try the Replica "After The Rain", I've convinced myself that it'll be a better spring fragrance so I shall wait.  I hope you have a great day!! 💃🏻