Regular Contributor

Re: What Kind of Exfoliating Product Do You Use?

On 3/15/2015 Reva said:

I switch off between several different ones. Exfolikate is wonderful and I use it once a week in the shower. I also use Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle Peel Pads once a week and I just purchased his Firmx Peeling Gel Exfoliant which I use once a week. So, I'm actually exfoliating 3 times a week but all are gentle and I have no irritation whatsoever. I also use Peter Thomas Roth PM Retinol Serum every single night. I really love all his products and they are reasonably priced. I think it's really important to use some type of retinol serum daily. It's made such a big difference in my skin and I'm 62. Most people guess my age at around 50, so I know it's working!! Reva

I also use PTR Firmx Peeling Gel Gel Exfoliant and his Unwrinkle Peel Pads. Once a week for the Firmx & once a week for the Peel Pads. I have very sensitive skin and these work wonderfully for me. I also use his PM Retinol Serum but have stopped in the past month or so since my skin was so dry. I will start using it again when the heat goes off. I love that serum!

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Raindrop said:
On 3/15/2015 Reva said:

I switch off between several different ones. Exfolikate is wonderful and I use it once a week in the shower. I also use Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle Peel Pads once a week and I just purchased his Firmx Peeling Gel Exfoliant which I use once a week. So, I'm actually exfoliating 3 times a week but all are gentle and I have no irritation whatsoever. I also use Peter Thomas Roth PM Retinol Serum every single night. I really love all his products and they are reasonably priced. I think it's really important to use some type of retinol serum daily. It's made such a big difference in my skin and I'm 62. Most people guess my age at around 50, so I know it's working!! Reva

I also use PTR Firmx Peeling Gel Gel Exfoliant and his Unwrinkle Peel Pads. Once a week for the Firmx & once a week for the Peel Pads. I have very sensitive skin and these work wonderfully for me. I also use his PM Retinol Serum but have stopped in the past month or so since my skin was so dry. I will start using it again when the heat goes off. I love that serum!

Raindrop...sounds like you and I use the same products with great results. Just a tip regarding the dry skin. You might like Boots No7 Perfect Intense Serum for your face to alternate from PTR every other night. I buy it either online or Target carries this line. It was recommended on a Beauty Board a few years ago as a very reasonably priced serum that works. I actually started with Boots No7 and went on to the more powerful serums in the last 2 years. I use Boots on my chest area every night and PTR every night on my face. Boots leaves your skin very hydrated but NOT greasy. All products are my holy grail! Reva

Regular Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Reva said:
On 3/17/2015 Raindrop said:
On 3/15/2015 Reva said:

Raindrop...sounds like you and I use the same products with great results. Just a tip regarding the dry skin. You might like Boots No7 Perfect Intense Serum for your face to alternate from PTR every other night. I buy it either online or Target carries this line. It was recommended on a Beauty Board a few years ago as a very reasonably priced serum that works. I actually started with Boots No7 and went on to the more powerful serums in the last 2 years. I use Boots on my chest area every night and PTR every night on my face. Boots leaves your skin very hydrated but NOT greasy. All products are my holy grail! Reva

Yes Reva, sounds like we like the same products. I try not to use PTR Retinol every night. I alternate with Josie Maran's Argan Milk and Argan Oil. I'd say I use PTR 4 nights a week and JM 3 nights. I'll check out the Boots No7 Perfect Intense Serum. I've seen a lot of positive posts about Boots so I should give it a shot. I love trying new products, especially if there were so many posts raving about the brand. I can't wait till the cold weather is gone and I can turn off the heat!

Thanks for the tip. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Frequent Contributor

I have been using St. Ives scrub for years, and really love it. I use it everyday. It is gentle enough. Plus you can control how hard you massage it into your skin. Once a week I use Oil of Olay microderm abrasion kit. Once a week seems just fine for me. Although they suggest twice a week. I have been using the olay one for about 9 years now, and wont be without it. It makes my face nice and soft. My make-up goes on much nicer.

Honored Contributor

Philosophy Brightening Peel Pads, my absolute favorite!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I used the Nu Brilliance microdermabrasion tool, graduated to the PMD, now use the 360 from Kelly West since the suction is awesome on that one. I also use the Dr Denese pads occasionally. My skin loves the dermabrasion.

For cleansing I use the Tatcha enzyme powder and cleansing oil almost daily and switch off with the STO black soap since it has a grain to it.