Honored Contributor

What Kind Of Self Tanning Mitt Do You Like?

Using the self tanning foam now, I get much more even coverage with a mitt than using snug plastic gloves.

Are the thinner foam type better than the ones that apper to have a thicker more dense surface?  Do the thicker ones waste product?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: What Kind Of Self Tanning Mitt Do You Like?

Oh I'm so glad you askedWoman Happy @ECBG. I've been wanting to talk about mitt applicators but I keep forgetting to post about them.

I've been using mitts to apply body lotion for a while now and at one time I used them to apply tanning lotions, too. But most of the foam-type mitts didn't last long and they seemed to eat lotion causing a lot of waste. So I started looking for a better mitt, one that was better made to last, washable and I found these Bellocio set of mitts on Amazon. They are foam-lined velour, rather beefy and when used as directed they, too, soaked up way too much lotion, wasting it. So here's a BIG TIP...turn them inside out and apply your lotions that way. The inside is lined with a soft plastic that doesn't soak up your lotion. I use these mitts inside out and that saves a lot of lotion and it also makes it easier to spread. The mitts are very durable. I have washed mine over and over again, hanging them to dry. Mine are a couple of years old now, still look new and that is a long time for a mitt to last!Woman Happy

Item number  B01FWI4IP2   $14  Amazon

815Vc3CfEhL._SX522_.jpg

Respected Contributor

The best mitt that I have found is Mine Tan sold right here on QVC. It is thick and doesn't slide around and is washable. Have had mine since last summer and it is still holdiing up nicely. I have tried Josie's, Ulta's, and Jimmy Coco and the Mine Tan is the best. BTW Jimmy Coco self tanner is made by Mine Tan but the mitt that comes with his tanner is not as good.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

The best mitt that I have found is Mine Tan sold right here on QVC. It is thick and doesn't slide around and is washable. Have had mine since last summer and it is still holdiing up nicely. I have tried Josie's, Ulta's, and Jimmy Coco and the Mine Tan is the best. BTW Jimmy Coco self tanner is made by Mine Tan but the mitt that comes with his tanner is not as good.

Agree with all the above after having tried the same myself.