Respected Contributor

Re: What Is Your Most Recent Product or Item Change In Your Basic Makeup?

I bought a couple Lipsense colors and a gloss. I haven't received them yet, but I'll report back once I've tried them!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, I do the same with highlighter, I press the blush brush into the highlighter and dab it lightly above the blush. It's just a hint of glow.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@AngelPuppy1, I do the same with highlighter, I press the blush brush into the highlighter and dab it lightly above the blush. It's just a hint of glow.

@JustJazzmom

I love this look!  I am not terribly adept at it, but still think it looks really pretty!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@AngelPuppy1,Wow!  You've just been having a great time!  Congrats!Smiley Happy

@ECBG

Yup!!  I am tired of looking --- tired!  I know people don't even notice what I have changed, but I do!!!  It makes me feel --- happier!  A little more effort!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

After decades of wearing brown or brown/black mascaras, I got a black mascara in a kit and tried it.   Wow! Why didn't I try it sooner!?!   Using black mascara, I don't need eyeliner anymore.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@kzjohnson- thanks for the review but I have one question before I try it - does it have a plastic brush?  It looked like it on the pic I saw. That is a deal breaker for me.  Can't get the product on my lashes decently and almost scratch my eyes out with those things!  They are like weapons of eye destruction to me!

Yes @HerRoyaLioness, it's plastic.  Sorry.  It's actually a rather intimidating larger brush and when I first tried it I was so skeptical.  But somehow it works.  I think it's because the actual bristles are very short.  Still, probably not the best mascara wand to just see if you can use it.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I went to one lighter shade of Brow pencil in L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer. I went from Dark Brunette to Brunette shade.

@JustJazzmom

I also switched to one shade lighter in my brow color. I am wearing a blonde shade instead of a taupe or light brown shade. I am not platinum blonde so I always thought blonde brow color would be too light, but with my fair skin and blonde hair I am liking the lighter color. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I went to one lighter shade of Brow pencil in L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer. I went from Dark Brunette to Brunette shade.

@JustJazzmom

I also switched to one shade lighter in my brow color. I am wearing a blonde shade instead of a taupe or light brown shade. I am not platinum blonde so I always thought blonde brow color would be too light, but with my fair skin and blonde hair I am liking the lighter color. 

It's not as severe looking in bright natural light.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I've changed a few things recently.  From MUFE foundation to Revlon Colorstay Liquid...it's MUCHO better!  I've added Revlon Photo Ready EyeArt Glitter to my mascara...FUN!  Decided to try It Bye Bye Pores Setting Powder.  Jury is still out.  Going to try using a brush today vs the puff that came with it.  Let DH pick out a lipstick (for ME!) at Ulta the other evening.  It's close to my HG (discontinued) Chanel Glossimer in Daydream but brighter.  I wondered if it was too much but I'm getting compliments on it. 

Chanel Glossimer in DaydreamChanel Glossimer in Daydream

Urban Decay VICE in Big Bang in Metallized.

UD Vice Lipstick in Big Bang

Frequent Contributor

I've change a few things.

I used to use Serious Skin Care A, their retinol products in a kit.

But I got the Peter Thomas Roth Fusion retinol in the huge bottle that was a TSV and now I am using and loving that insead of the Serious Skin Care.

I've also added the Tula day and night cream too. I put the PTR Fusion on first then the Tula cream over the Fusion.

I also started using the Calista Perfector curling tool brush instead of a curling iron.

All these new products were either TSV's or had a special like the Tula (buy one get one free).

I'm glad I tried all these. I like all of them. Some things are hits or misses with me but these 3 are very much hits with me.