Trusted Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Nail Polish?

I saw a really nice pinkish neutral on Allure that I'd like to get - Dior Nail Glow. It is one of those really subtle shades that makes the nails look very natural.

Super Contributor

wackers, you're right that much of it depends on the prep. And the nail, too. Each brand wears differently for everyone. I prep my nails the same each time but some polish I can only wear for a day or two, and others I have worn up to ten days.

Essie has so many beautiful colors but it doesn't wear well for me. Except on my toes. I can wear any brand for a pedi (that I've tried so far) and not get chips between color changes. It may be a good thing that Essie chips quickly on me because there's a ton of them I want. I do pick up some now and then if I really love it because a couple days is better than nothing, lol.

Orly doesn't last for me either.

Trusted Contributor

To me they all wear about the same. I think that you should just get the colors that you like. I stock up on Essie and OPI when Ulta has a BOGO. You can use their coupons also.

BTW, I THINK that Ulta has Butter London for $9 today.

Honored Contributor

I've tried all the Essie, OPI, the better polishes out there. I find that the only polish that stays on my nails are the newer at-home gel's. I'm having great luck with them! I've never received compliments on my polish before but now that I've switched them all to the gel I get tons.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

On 3/19/2015 ID2 said:

I've tried all the Essie, OPI, the better polishes out there. I find that the only polish that stays on my nails are the newer at-home gel's. I'm having great luck with them! I've never received compliments on my polish before but now that I've switched them all to the gel I get tons.

I've never tried the at-home gels. What brands do you like?

Super Contributor

On 3/19/2015 turtle52 said:

To me they all wear about the same. I think that you should just get the colors that you like. I stock up on Essie and OPI when Ulta has a BOGO. You can use their coupons also.

BTW, I THINK that Ulta has Butter London for $9 today.

Yes, it is today.

It's days like these when a girl needs four or five coupons.

The Lorac palette has been marked way down, lol!

Respected Contributor

One of my favorites is Essie's shade, Mademoiselle, it's a very pale pink and it just has a nice look on my nails. I have some OPI favorites that I use for my toes, Big Apple Red & Russian Navy.

Esteemed Contributor

OPI in the color Pedal Faster Suzi.
Trusted Contributor

I was ordering some makeup from "The Balm" cosmetic line. Thought I'd try their nail polishes, They are really great, go on well, and wear well. I went back and ordered more.
Valued Contributor

My favorites at the moment are Essie and Deborah Lippman! I have a lot of brands but like those the best.

Beckyblu