Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Face Firming Product?

NuFace. 

Esteemed Contributor

Start using a firming product before you need one - use it consistently every day and maybe you will considerably slow down the sagging process.   Once the sags are there, it's too late for a topical product.  Just my opinion.

@ALRATIBA- I started using Dramatic Firming Cream a few years before you. Almost the second I turned 50, when my neck and jowls were still tight and wrinkle-free, I started using DFC twice a day.  Now at 69, I'm still sag-free.  No crepey skin on my neck.... yet.  (I'm sure the day will come when all manner of firming creams will become useless for me)   Recently I've been using Gold Bond Neck & Chest every day instead of DFC, but I credit the DFC for keeping my neck smooth all those years.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I use Dr. Denese products.  I have since the first day she came on the Q.

But the best product I use is a microfiber wash rag with warm water.

Every day, 2X's a day I wash my face really good to get off the dead skin.

Human's loose between 30,000 and 40,000 skin cells an hour.  I'm convinced that (and dry skin) is what makes wrinkles....or at least one of the causes of wrinkles.

I think if you give yourself facials at least once a week it helps too.  I use Philosophy Sea Salt scrub on my face once a week in the shower too.  Afterwards my face feels so silky.

@Annabellethecat66

I agree with you regular / daily exfoliaton.  Someone suggested it to me when I was in my late 30s.  Been doing it ever since.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Start using a firming product before you need one - use it consistently every day and maybe you will considerably slow down the sagging process.   Once the sags are there, it's too late for a topical product.  Just my opinion.

@ALRATIBA- I started using Dramatic Firming Cream a few years before you. Almost the second I turned 50, when my neck and jowls were still tight and wrinkle-free, I started using DFC twice a day.  Now at 69, I'm still sag-free.  No crepey skin on my neck.... yet.  (I'm sure the day will come when all manner of firming creams will become useless for me)   Recently I've been using Gold Bond Neck & Chest every day instead of DFC, but I credit the DFC for keeping my neck smooth all those years.   

@tototwo

So true.  It's easier to prevent, than to fix!   The women in my family have aged fairly well.  So - genes play a big part in our aging.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Short of plastic surgery I don’t think there is a product on the market that is firming. You can use products that will help with the texture of your skin to make it look better. Firming the face has to do with muscle.

@Naturesbeauty  I agree.  I have tried many many of them from expensive to drug store.  The only thing they have ever done was irritate my face, cause breakouts and give me rosacea.

I triple agree.

If there’s anything which could firm the underlying muscle, 

it would internal...maybe, DNA/genes, nutrition, sleep, stress.

Nothing topical would affect the internal muscle. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unlike the muscles on the body where those are attached to the bones, the facial muscles are attached to the facial skin. This is a unique characteristic of facial anatomy. So  when facial skin is manipulated, either cosmetically, surgically or both, then that always involves the underlying facial musculature.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA Yes.  And your face feels so clean.  It's cheap, just moisturize after.

I know some of it is heredity. but I'm 72 and I don't have any wrinkles.  The rest of my body has gone....welll, not good. fat.  But my face is wrinkle free.

Remember that machine thingy QVC was selling that exfoliated, same principle, but way cheaper.

Respected Contributor

Even with plastic surgery that has to be done about every 5+ years.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner, everyone's different.  I am sorry about your lack of results...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ALRATIBA Yes.  And your face feels so clean.  It's cheap, just moisturize after.

I know some of it is heredity. but I'm 72 and I don't have any wrinkles.  The rest of my body has gone....welll, not good. fat.  But my face is wrinkle free.

Remember that machine thingy QVC was selling that exfoliated, same principle, but way cheaper.

@Annabellethecat66

I turned 76 this year ... no wrinkles either!   

ETA:  Ooops!  Make that last year!