Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Best Exfoliater?

I'm not a fan of aggressive exfoliating or even just physical exfoliation in general. I use PC's 2% liquid BHA daily.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm not a fan of aggressive exfoliating or even just physical exfoliation in general. I use PC's 2% liquid BHA daily.

I wish I could get by with just a chemical exfoliant but seems when I go that route I still end up with flakes on my skin. Then I use the muslin cloth and everything is okay.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Women tend to exfoliate way too much, if your doing retin a ,a wash cloth is enough ,maybe the good old buff puff.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I like the one from Consult beaute.  Does a good job

Respected Contributor

Dhc avocado scrub, very gentle. PTR pumpkin scrub is nice also and smells wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I use enzymes or snail filtrate as needed. These days I tend to go for the snail. I can just tell when my face wants help shedding a dull layer. The rest of the time I let it be. I don't want to scrape it or strip it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

For face: Exfolikate

For body: Josie Maran sugar scrubs

Trusted Contributor

I bought a Clarisonic about six years ago and really felt like it was doing a good job on my face.  After 9 months or so, my skin began to get red and irritated and all of my skincare products began to burn when I applied them.  Made a quick visit to the derm. She checked my face with her huge magnifier and found small scratches all over my face.  I told her I used a Clarisonic, she told me to STOP!  My skin healed and I began using muslin face cloths with a mild cleanser which have been fine until now.

That method is failing me now, I need more exfoliation.  I'm now noticing facial flakiness and dullness. 

I'm continuing with that method, but know I need a change, but I don't know what.   

Honored Contributor

i use a foreo luna cleansing device.

i also like the PTR pumpkin enzyme mask OR the SSC phyto pumpkin facial scrub.

http://i03.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/prodfull/serious-skincare-super-size-phyto-pumpkin-facial-scrub-d-20130903104050603~291686.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I've always used a terrycloth washcloth to wash my face twice a day.  Two different derms have told me to never exfoliate.... but, apparently, I don't pay any attention because I keep a St. Ives or other 'gentle' scrub in my shower and use that about once a week.  That's all, folks.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt