Respected Contributor

What Is The Difference Between Kajal and Kohl Eyeliners

I see Laura Geller has Kajal eyeliners and I think whe also sells kohl. What is the difference? I know her Kajal eyeliners have great reviews. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Difference Between Kajal and Kohl Eyeliners

Kohl and kajal are the same thing

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

This may be facetious, but it's just marketing words.  All of Laura's eyeliners perform very well.  They don't smudge or smear after application.  To me the difference between Kajal and her other pencils is Kajal lays down a thicker line with a light stroke because the pencil head is broader than the others.  This is great for smokey eye applications, and also for smudging the liner so that it simply doesn't look so much like eye liner, but just part of the shadow. 

I-Care is my favorite Geller liner, but Kajal is quite nice, and I think you'll really like it should you purchase.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

This may be facetious, but it's just marketing words.  All of Laura's eyeliners perform very well.  They don't smudge or smear after application.  To me the difference between Kajal and her other pencils is Kajal lays down a thicker line with a light stroke because the pencil head is broader than the others.  This is great for smokey eye applications, and also for smudging the liner so that it simply doesn't look so much like eye liner, but just part of the shadow. 

I-Care is my favorite Geller liner, but Kajal is quite nice, and I think you'll really like it should you purchase.

Thank you so much for this clarification. Much appreciated. I have never used any of her eyeliners so I may try one.

Trusted Contributor

Glad I ran across this...I'm looking for new kohl liner. I was using Estee Edit double sided liners from Sephora,  I guess that line didn't make it...so i've been trying to decide what to try and replace them with.

Bought a Julep's gel liner set and I like them, but not as well as EE for waterline.    It's been quiet a few years since I tried LG's liner.  thx

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Glad I ran across this...I'm looking for new kohl liner. I was using Estee Edit double sided liners from Sephora,  I guess that line didn't make it...so i've been trying to decide what to try and replace them with.

Bought a Julep's gel liner set and I like them, but not as well as EE for waterline.    It's been quiet a few years since I tried LG's liner.  thx

I am not a true proponent of waterline eyelining, but if I do venture there, I-Care is fabulous for the application.  It really is waterproof and ever so gentle in that it doesn't irritate.