Respected Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Morning Cleanser For Dry Skin Please?

@SilleeMee wrote:

All I do in the morning is rinse off my nighttime skincare products with just water. Sometimes I use a damp soft cotton muslin cloth to remove any dry skin. No cleansers for me in the morning. I need my skin's natural moisture barrier to be in tact and ready for the day ahead.

I often do the same, especially on mornings after I go all out with a sheet mask and wake up with hydrated and soft skin.

Other days I use CeraVe hydrating cleanser. I've tried many "hydrating" cleansers and realized that they all stripped my skin to some extent. It's also super affordable, which is a nice bonus.

Before CeraVe, I was using Philosophy Purity, which I thought was good until I tried Dr Denese Hydrating Cleanser, which I thought was great until I tried Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser, which I thought was the best until I tried CeraVe, which was very similar to the Milky Jelly Cleanser, but cost half as much and was available at any drugstore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

In my battle against dryness, I'd like a non greasy morning cleanser to use before applying makeup.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   For many years, I've used Cetaphil cleanser in the morning. It's gentle and you don't need anything that would remove makeup like at night....just a quick rinse off of the night's skincare.  It doesn't leave my skin dry. Sometimes I use my toner (non-alcohol) on a cotton pad. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Purity Made Simple by Philosophy.It's light & makes my skin feel refreshed & supple. Leaves no residue.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Purity.....I use it morning and night...gentle and easy...buy when they have those giant specials w/free shipping from Q.  

@tsavorite   I've had no luck w/ Purity. It has some strong sulfates that dry my skin. Glad it works for you, though. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   I use BWC Herbal cream facial wash.  I buy it at iherb.com  If you spend $20, shipping is free.  They have some very nice products.

Description

• Premium Aromatherapy
  • Benefits Normal to Dry Skin
  • 100% Vegetarian
  • No Synthetic or Engineered Fragrance
  • Never Tested on Animals
  • No Animal Ingredients
  • Paraben Free
  • Soap Free
  • pH Balanced

BWC Herbal Cream Facial Cleanser is a light, creamy, soap-free cleanser that delicately removes daily impurities and make-up without over-cleaning your skin. Nature's own botanicals balance, refresh, and tone your skin while pure premium, aroma-therapeutic essential oils leave your skin clean, soft, and refreshed. Non-drying. Rinses clean.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @SilleeMee. I learned from my dermatologist many years ago that I should only use a cleanser each evening to wash off makeup, grime, etc. for my dry skin, I should not use a cleanser again in the morning. If I did, it would simply strip the skin, leaving me more dry.  Water from my morning shower is enough. Derm recommended and my skin loves Vanicream Gentle Face Cleanser. Have used it for years. Takes off grime, makeup etc. so gently each evening and leaves my skin moist, not dry. 

Honored Contributor

I feel i must use a cleanser in my morning shower, if I am then to put makeup on, it must be on a clean palette. when i wake up in morning my skin feels oily and needs to be properly cleansed. At 67, I still have oily to combo skin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I have used a Vit. C or retinal based product the night before, I wash my face with Chantecaille Cleansing Milk. Otherwise, I just use warm water and then go about with the rest of my skincare.

I've tried more gentle cleansing products than I can count; a list made by my dermatologist, free samples from department stores, samples from the doctors office...you name it, I've tried it. I can't handle greasy, filmy products and everything else leaves my skin tight. The Chantecaille product is so mild, I can use it on my eyes as well with NO issue. Amazing. 

Occasional Contributor

Dr. Wexler's products were really good.  I know they used to sell them at Bath and Body Works.  Not sure if they still do.

Respected Contributor

Purity by Philosophy.  I've been using it since Feb 2009 when I watched the demonstration and got it on auto-delivery to check it out.   I'm so glad it's on auto-delivery, since the price hasn't changed for me in 10 years!

I love it, and have the big bottle in my shower, and wash my face every morning with it.

......You look like I need a drink.....