Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Average Age Here?

[ Edited ]

I tend to agree w/ @KingstonsMom . I always prefer a more natural lash look even if using falsies on clients, I trim them down to add a little volume/length, but not look too obvious. Most of my clients don't want to wear them unless they're brides or need them for print work/photography. 

IMHO the OP has beautiful eyes and the lashes are somewhat distracting.

***I did post a pic of my eye and brow after my first ever pro brow shaping on my dark catapillar brows...That was awhile ago.

Frequent Contributor

@monicakm I think your blue eyes are very beautiful and in your pic your eyes do look like Shirley Mclaine or even better.  The eyelashes are a little too much for many women in their 60's especially now with less social, but they do bring out your eyes. 

I am in the trend for natural makeup and only wear a little mascara and eyeliner when out and about.  You do look younger than 61 with no wrinkles and vibrant eye color.  I bet your eyes are just as beautiful with your natural eyelashes, but always do what makes you feel the best.

Honored Contributor

If you like them, use them. I’ve never used false lashes.

I do like to use eyeliner, mascara, shadow, and do my eyebrows. I use shades of brown instead of black since I am fair skinned. I am 58 and have always preferred a light hand and natural looking makeup application. 

Honored Contributor

I'm 65 but no one believes it. I have a medical condition where it makes my skin very smooth and wrinkle-free. Medically speaking I have too much collagen in my skin (scleroderma)...it has it's advantages but many more disadvantages which outweigh the good ones unfortunately. 

Trusted Contributor

I am 55.

Honored Contributor

I am 66 - probably more conservative with makeup 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @monicakm I like make-up but don't like to take the time to put it on and remove it, or the toll the futzing takes on my face, eyes.  So, pretty on other people.  I'm in my 50s. You have pretty eyes, but those eyelashes maybe they work for a dramatic or costumy or fun look.  If the goal is fun, you would get many likes for being daring.  In real life, they eyelashes look like an accident, why so long and short on one eye?  but if you enjoy them, wear them, you don't need me to validate your look.  It wouldn't upset me to see you like that, just concern me whether you are OK.  other than the eyelashes, the make up is nice, your eyes pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I hate a makeupy look... especially on us older gals. Only emphasizes that we are OLD.  That Baby Jane look is not my cup of Tea.

Just my opinion.

Not all older women look like Baby Jane.  she was supposed to look ridiculous. Scary movie.

Trusted Contributor

I am 63, been teleworking since March.  Didn't wear much make up when I was in the office, foundation and blush.  Wear even less now.

Never was a make up girl, I am just a Jeans and T-shirt kinda person

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Yes, I realize that.  Your guess was the same as mine.