Trusted Contributor

@silkyk   I think thats a great idea!  

Honored Contributor

I need to clarify,i miss many things,mostly people ,and my dogs ,just use to go out and smell  perfumes, a girlie thing.that i can not do .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

Right there with you @Katcat1 ...  I also have COPD and emphysema from 30+ of smoking, plus scare with lung cancer 11 years ago but caught in time ...  thank YOU JESUS ...  I have difficulty walking up hills or walking and talking ...  I am not on any inhalers or medicine, but going to thoracic doctor next week to talk about those options and what might work for me.  I don't get much exercise which might help ...  and masks are just awful for me ...  I cannot breathe with them so if I do go into a grocery store (emergencies only ...  otherwise use online shopping) I just about rip it off by the time I leave the store.  

Saturday was always girls day for me shopping with Mom, now my sister and niece ...  walking the store, trying on clothes and having lunch ...  home by dinner time.  I especially miss meeting others in restaurants and catching up ...  I'm retired now so miss friends !!  

Honored Contributor

Re: What I miss

[ Edited ]

Most dept. stores sell perfume and have those little cards available for you to spray on the fragrances. You can then check them out w/o masks in the car and go back in to purchase or wait to order online.

I've always had to shop for perfume that way because DH is sensitive/allergic to many of them.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking of that yesterday--miss going to local Macy's and browsing, checking out beauty items and, of course, perfumes.  Also miss lunches out with  my daughters.  We have them here at the house, but getting out would be nice.

Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest  There are two websites I order perfume samples from: Surrender to Chance, and The Perfumed Court. They are usually pretty cheap and you get to try things you've heard about. Both of these companies are very reliable.

Esteemed Contributor

I miss many things, I guess that's what the passing of time does to us anyway, then you throw covid and quarantine into the mix and here we are. 

I'm just praying we all have better days coming and that we will all have some peace in the meantime. 

Honored Contributor

@Pantsonfire2   I use two inhalers.  Advair and Incruse.  Advair has a program and I don't remember the income limits but once you spend $600 in prescriptions, if you are in the Advair program you will receive it for free.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I miss freedom & liberty.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

The Way We Were!

Especially - knowing DS could get on a plane and come home (not that he did a lot, but he COULD!)

Going down EACH aisle of the supermarket

Using testers and getting personal advice at Sephora and Ulta

Hugging my friends 

Having lunch with my friends 

Shopping days with my friends 

Going to the movies 

Date night with DH at a nice restaurant 

A world without Zoom meetings 

And so much more