Valued Contributor

Re: What Has Happened to IT Beauty Products?

My brow powder also flakes. A lot of It powders were made in China, like the bronzer. I dont get anything from IT anymore.

Valued Contributor

Ladies, I hear you and believe!  What products are you using instead?

Trusted Contributor

I love the Tightline mascara base coat but Sephora stopped carrying it.  

If you stopped using Tightline, what are you using for a mascara base coat now?

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Aunt C - As others have said, L'Oreal bought IT, so the quality might not be the same.

The products are made in the US, South Korea, and China.

Leaping Bunny certifies IT as cruelty free. The products are not sold in China.

@beach-mom   Made in China, but not sold there? Sounds suspect.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I love the Tightline mascara base coat but Sephora stopped carrying it.  

If you stopped using Tightline, what are you using for a mascara base coat now?

@PilatesLover   Do you mean a mascara primer? If yes, I use the L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer. Yes, it's white. I wait a few seconds for it to get a bit "set" and then apply mascara. This is not in my every day arsenal since it's time consuming.

Valued Contributor

@Aunt C wrote:

I have been an IT GIRL for years. I have been a big fan of the products and often recommended them to others. But Now, No Way! IT Celebration Foundation now has horrible wear. It cakes and the product fill in the package is less. The Universal Brow now flakes. Where's the quality control. Since the company was sold, have corners been cut to reduce costs? It shows! I'm now on the hunt for another line of beauty products. So Sad!

could have expired. We have a supply chain issue.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Shanus - Glad you're feeling much better! Read my thread "Cruelty Free Cosmetics and China." I'd like to know what you think about this.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Hi, just read it and am doubtful that cosmetic companies keep such a close eye on where products are sold. Call me a skeptic, but why have testers out if products are not available for sale in a store?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@beach-mom  Hi, just read it and am doubtful that cosmetic companies keep such a close eye on where products are sold. Call me a skeptic, but why have testers out if products are not available for sale in a store?

@Shanus 

I thought the testers were pulled because of (drum roll.....) the virus!

Honored Contributor

@Aunt C wrote:

I have been an IT GIRL for years. I have been a big fan of the products and often recommended them to others. But Now, No Way! IT Celebration Foundation now has horrible wear. It cakes and the product fill in the package is less. The Universal Brow now flakes. Where's the quality control. Since the company was sold, have corners been cut to reduce costs? It shows! I'm now on the hunt for another line of beauty products. So Sad!

@Aunt C 

Even the very best cosmetic lines are routinely reformulated after they become successful.  They ALL do that, and not just when a company is sold.  

Years ago I worked for an international cosmetics company, and the R&D lab was down the street from my office.  I was one of the female employees that volunteered to participate in reformulation projects and got to know the chemists well.   (They would give me freebies, lol)

Basically .... they would come up with similar versions of the product on the market, and we would have blind testing by using Formulas A, B C and D, with questionnaires to document our opinions.  One of them was the original formula and the others were attempts to cheapen the recipe.  If we could figure out which was the original formula, they went back to the drawing board to try again.

This has been going on for many, many years .... and all companies do it.