Honored Contributor

Re: What Happened to the TTV Beekman Soaps?

[ Edited ]

It's still available. I did not know they were going to be on until I saw the other Beekman thread last night. I ordered 1 set of the TTV. I love their soap bars. I have tried all 4 scents they have had on Evine. I have 16 bars at home but ordered the TTV anyways. A bar only lasts me about a month. I have been using the Honey & Oats bar to wash my face with. I also have a bar out to wash my hands with. I plan to give my sisters a bar with their Christmas gifts so they can try it unless Beekman has some gift sets on before Christmas. Don't forget if you place an order for Beekman they have a 15% off code on Facebook. It was also on theses forums last night. It will pay for the shipping on the TTV.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1 wrote:

Ref:Beekman soaps.

My question is this-

Has anyone actually had an opportunity to buy any of their soaps/or products? Are they top quality/gender acceptable/without the fragrance?

The reason I ask was, last night I tried to place an order through phone online, and was switched over & over to different message departments, even though I do have an acc't # with them, the Evine Cust. Serv. is horribly set up for -apparently- this one show/Beekman.

By the 15 minute try time, Evine went to watches. There was no way to retrieve a live CS to place that order or further orders. I could not do on line computer, either.

I have one item bought from there, so I do have an acc't with them. My problem, I believe, was the asking for your CODE# -and I have 2 different ID #s that were set up 4 months ago. So, there is no love with this website to be of any interest to me. 

I do vaguely remember 3 months ago when Beekman 1st came on, the show had 2 full hours. I do not think Beekman brings in large quantities to make their time slot that productive...just my observation??!!

Personally, my opinion is most of their products appear low quality, other than Borghese+ a very few other brands. 

Definitely do not have any ambition to shop with them. I do think that the Todd English cookware was 100% quality. That, I believe was some type of a Special Today Only feature.

There must be a better way in ordering, especially if it (hypothetically) is a unique product. I have no idea since I order very little, other than through QVC.  

I'll take any suggestions from frequently on line customers. It can't be that difficult...or IS it? Thank you.

I have been using the Beekman products since June when they had a TTV. I had never heard of them before. I love their products & am still buying them. I bought the TTV today & used the 15% off code to cover the shipping. I have 16 bars of their soap already. Could not pass on the price. 1 bar only lasts me about a month. I also wash my face & hands with a bar. It's the best goats milk soap I have used. They don't have fragrance free soap bars yet but are suppose to come out with fragrance free. There is nothing wrong with using their soaps without fragrance. As far as gender friendly I think the honey & oats & the sweet orange are. Some men may not care for the other 2 fragrances they have but I find they are light scents & not overpowering.

I don't know why the TTV was changed to watches. That's strange. I saw that when I got up this morning. I was ready to watch at least 1 Beekman show but I don't see any on today. Looks like they are trying to move out the inventory before they bring more. They are a smaller business so yes the quantity is sometimes limited. They seemed to have plenty of the last 2 TTV's they had.

I have never ordered by phone. I always order online. All I do is login to my account, add the item I want to buy to my cart & go through the checkout process. It's easy. I order the same way from QVC & HSN.

I don't understand what you mean by code #'s & ID#'s. If you mean you have 2 accounts set up I would close one of them to make it easier. If the code # is the item number each item has it's own number.

IMO Beekman products are better then Borghese products. Just look at the ingredient list. Guess it depends on what ingredients you want or don't want in the products you use.

The only products I have purchased from Evine are Isomers & Beekman.

Try the TTV soaps. They are still available & are really nice. Use the 15% off code to pay for the shipping. I was paying $6-$7 for goats milk soap that are smaller then these.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beekman always sell out every time they are on! Been using their stuff for a little under a year and love most of what I tried. My husband only uses bar soaps and beekman are his favorite of all the hundreds I've tried. I am normally not a bar soap girl but I love these as well. I love their story too and their love of animals is evident. I also like how they support their local community and help other local artisans.

Super Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

They must have sold out already!  Evine usually has 2 TTVs and I watched part of the presentation on the soaps last night and it was a todays special.  Just went through the Beekman inventory on .com and that 4 bar set is nowhere to be found.

They sure did!  By the time I found the 15% off coupon and went to order it was Sold Out!  I am so bummed.  I really wanted to try the variety of soaps.

Oh well maybe next time!

Super Contributor

cancelled mine.  check back it might be floating around

Respected Contributor

Admittedly, I've not tried anything from Beekman.  Here is why:

From their website -

No parabens, no petroleum, no mineral oil, no diethanolamine, no paraffin, no banned phthalates. (We don't even know what half those things are!) Made with purified water, and cruelty free.

Ingredient deck of Honeyed Grapefruit lotion
Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Fragrance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetat, Acrylates/Acrylamide Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 85, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Goat Milk (Capre Lac).

I don't have a problem with any of the ingredients, per se, although I don't think it's a very nice formula.  My problem is touting "all natural" and claiming to not use ingredients that are clearly listed in the ingredient deck.  Purified water?  Um, yeah.  You can't formulate with anything but or your preservative wont work and all kinds of interesting things will grow.  

I understand this is the lotion and not the soap.  I'm sure the soap is very nice.  

Honored Contributor

Mineral oil and urea are enough to keep me away, very disappointed to see these in their ingredient deck.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bella Carro! I have a question about Diazolldiny Urea. Do you know, if there is any other way/ingredient to replace this one, for antimicrobial preservation? What other way  would be to insure preservation of a product shelflife?

Thanks!

Here is about Diazolldiny Urea from Wiki:

Diazolidinyl urea is an antimicrobial preservative used in cosmetics. It is chemically related to imidazolidinyl urea which is used in the same way. Diazolidinyl urea acts as a formaldehyde releaser.

It is used in many cosmetics, skin care products, shampoos and conditioners, as well as a wide range of products including bubble baths, baby wipes and household detergents. Diazolidinyl urea is found in the commercially available preservative Germaben.

I've tried quite few of Beekman products - they are very nice, but I do not think, I am going to buy any of them anytime soon. I do not have a real need for any Beekman stuff right now.

But the Beekman Bar Soaps, well - these I really don't want to be without!

Very, very nice, easy and pleasant in use, also excellent for our family skin!

Highly recommend to try the Bar Soaps!

Also, if you are so kind to check the bar soaps ingredients, and maybe let me know, if you see any suspects in these lists, please!

INGREDIENTS:
Honey & Oats Goat Milk Scrub Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Avena Sativa (oat), Kernel Flour, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk), Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract (Kukui Nut Oil), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa Butter), Pentasodium Pentetate.

Honeyed Grapefruit Bath Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Aqua (water), Glycerin, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Caprae lac (Goat Milk), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract (Guava Leaf Extract), CI 77891, Pentasodium Pentetate, CI 77492, CI 77491.

Vanilla Absolute Goat Milk Bath Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77891, Sodium Chloride, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract (Kukui Nut Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentasodium Pentetate.

Honey & Orange Blossom Goat Milk Soap Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract (Kukui Nut Oil), Butryrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentasodium Pentetate.

Average Days of Supply: 30 days each.

Valued Contributor

I love their Hand Washes.  Last visit I bought the Honey and Orange Blosson hand wash/lotion caddy set for my kitchen counter.  Almost out of the wash - so I bought a set of 3 different fragrances this time.    Wonderful fragrances and quality in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko, I've not tried my hand at soaps but these look pretty straightforward and very nice.  Pentasodium Pentetate which may be unfamiliar sounding is a chelating agent.  It binds metal ions.  That's a good thing!  That will keep all of those lovely oils included in the bars from going rancid too quickly.  

Regarding Diazolidinyl urea - yes, it is a formaldehyde donor but so are many things we come into contact with daily.  It can be used at a max of .5% but most often at around .3% max.  It's usually used along with another preservative.  Not using an effective preservative is far more dangerous to consumers than donors or parabens.  Something that's been taught to me throughout learning about formulating is that there are toxic doses of just about anything and everything.  "It's the dose that makes the poison", is an often heard mantra.  However, that's not to say everyone formulating is an expert at preservatives and combinations by folks who don't research can be dangerous.  Diazolidinyl urea mixed with amines could be trouble.  That's a whole other couple of paragraphs!  One last word on Diazolidinyl urea.  You may hear 1,4 dioxane bantered around.  It is not a positive byproduct but is almost always filtered out by manufacturers, at least responsible ones.  There are MSDS sheets that disclose information about raw supplies.  

It it would be great if we never needed preservatives.  But, we share our world with lots of other microorganisms.  Any product that includes water gives them a happy starter home.  Throw in extracts, proteins (goats milk), vitamins, etc. and you've given them a buffet.  Enter preservatives which attack their cell walls and kill them and keep our skin safe from infections, yeasts, moulds.  

ETA:  Wow, all of that and I never answered if there was another preservative that could be used.  Sure thing but those would be the parabens.  I think they are a far better choice than a donor (hidden amines anywhere?) but then the vendor could not shout to the world they are "paraben free"!  Because this Beekman product contains goats milk, albeit far less than 1%, and extracts a broad spectrum preservative is in order.  That leaves donors or parabens as the most effective.