Regular Contributor

What Happened to QVC Skincare?!!

I thought that QVC was leading retailer in beauty/skincare products yet during this COVID19 when we are all home and could use some good skin care products they seemed to have disappeared in the industry?  I dont need to see anymore lame fashion in then also few brands they seem to have now -  Denim & Co, Logo, Belle, GILI, Susan Graver...ugh.......and QVC seems to have been reduced their beauty brands to J Maran, Mally and IT?  So limited in products! And this was already in play before the  COVID19 virus. - I am home 24/7 - and looking for skin care  (and perfect time from a mktg perspective - wake up QVC) to sell a variety of skin care products!

Super Contributor

Re: What Happened to QVC Skincare?!!

What has happened to QVC?

Trusted Contributor

They lost Smashbox and Holly.  I have so much stuff from then...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31   It's probably beauty products are hard to come by since many areas/countries are in lockdown  with nonessential businesses shut down.

Honored Contributor

Skincare is discounted in stores by 15%-20%  at special sales and online, I find mine at 40% + free gifts, no ship. That's what happened to Q's skincare. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@DebNYC31   It's probably beauty products are hard to come by since many areas/countries are in lockdown  with nonessential businesses shut down.

@Pook   Any makeup/skincare I've searched for is online. Nordstrom & Belk's have had sales. Beautylish is 40% off until the 25th, for example. QVC 40% off? Never happen. 

Trusted Contributor

You may be right. There seems to be th plenty of skin care available, but the selection may be shifting, as I have begun to notice in other areas.

I have always tended to mentally classify Q with the mid-to-lower end of Macy's merchandise, plus maybe the upper end of Target's. Lately, maybe since the acquisition of HSN, it feels like they are moving more in the Walmart's direction, adding iffy-er brands, toys, crafts, coins, all that kind of stuff. Not criticizing that stuff, just noticing the change.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD    I haven't seen any toys, crafts, or coins on QVC.  Have you?  People constantly complain about the Q's stale merchandise and repeative programming.  I imagine they're constantly looking for a "magic" company that will be highly successful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@DebNYC31 

QVC has many beauty brands listed, but most of them don't get any airtime. The same brands are shown over and over. These brands sell very well. Perhaps if the other 95% of brands got some airtime, they would generate more sales. I would love to see presentations from these brands. I think most of us would welcome some new beauty!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I actually don't watch the channels, just use the website, so I don't keep track of what they broadcast. I do check the "New" page regularly, and these days I see the kids, crafts and tchotskies on there. Again, no judgment of this merch, but for me, it's just in the way. I have the impression that this kind of stuff is more characteristic of HSN, but I could be wrong. Also, it doesn't look to me like there's enough selection to make Q a destination for these categories. If I were a serious knitter, for example, I wouldn't think to look on Q b/c there are only a few yarns.