Esteemed Contributor

there is only 1 item listed and no nail products at all !   I'm hoping this doesn't mean they have dropped the line .  

Respected Contributor
@kittygalore..If I’m not mistaken, I thought someone had mentioned in a post that Julep went out of business..
Honored Contributor

In 2016 Glansoal bought Julep, Laura Geller, and Clark's Botanicals. The new company hoped to add even more prestige beauty brands. Shortly after, Julep creator Jane Park left the brand because of "creative differences." In 2017 the CEO of Laura Geller left. Glansoal tried to sell, but ended up declaring bankruptcy in 2018. AS Beauty bought the bankrupt companies. They sold Clark's Botanicals back to the original owners. They are keeping and hope to build Julep and Laura Geller. 

Although Laura Geller remains as spokesperson for her company, Jane Park is not involved with Julep at all. She is writing a book about women and business. 

Honored Contributor

Time and time again we are seeing this happening.  Large corporations buy out successful brands and run them right into the dirt.  I'm assuming they make a bundle on the way down.  This happens in all industries, not just beauty.  The problem is they don't know a thing about how to run these companies or develop the products.  Here's hoping Laura and the others got cash for the buyout, but I doubt it.  Even knowledgeable corporations like Estee Lauder can ruin a line, just look at Ojon.  Off hand the only one I can think that came out OK is Philosophy.  We need someone like Spurt to view this with a practiced business eye.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

The Fashion Law blog has a recap of what happened to the Julep brand.

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/how-julep-went-from-the-fastest-growing-omnichannel-beauty-brand-...

I still see Julep items show up randomly at Winners stores in Canada and that inventory has to be more than two years old by now.

Esteemed Contributor
@beach mom. Thank you. Just the other day I was wondering what happened to Julep as I was sharpening one of her eye liners with her sharpener
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
@depglass. Very true
Contributor

It is sold in target stores

Contributor

There are Julep products in our Walmart ad and on Walmart.com.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, I've never seen Julep at Target or Walmart!  I would like that.  I've seen it at Kohl's, both in-store and online.  They have a nice eye liner kit that has the sharpener that I've been keeping on my eye on hoping for a good sale.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*