Trusted Contributor

Re: What Happened To Clarisonic

Got sick of buying the over priced brushes.

Esteemed Contributor

Same thing with the Emjoi, don't see it on air much or if ever anymore.

Super Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:
Never see it sold anymore. Anybody know. Just curious

@Teddixat   I'd love to know the answer too.  The one I have died.  I can't remember how long I've had it, but it's been since QVC first started airing them.  I need another one ASAP.

@KatieB  Try putting your Clarisonic in the freezer for a day.  I revived an original Clarisonic by doing this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@claros wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:
Never see it sold anymore. Anybody know. Just curious

@Teddixat   I'd love to know the answer too.  The one I have died.  I can't remember how long I've had it, but it's been since QVC first started airing them.  I need another one ASAP.

@KatieB  Try putting your Clarisonic in the freezer for a day.  I revived an original Clarisonic by doing this.

@claros I wish I had known that earlier... I threw it in the garbage last week...  but thanks anyway...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I bought my first Clarisonic from QVC. It was the large original size. That lasted about 3-4 years and then could not hold a charge and just stopped working. Then I bought the Mia. I was happy with it for a couple years but even after cleaning the area behind the brush head and making sure it dries properly there is black gunk that comes put from behind the brush area through the brush onto my face, gross!. I am waiting for those silicone encased hand held luna things to go on sale and I will switch.  Not to mention the cost of brushes for the Mia is getting ridiculous and wasteful.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 Mia's - generation 1 & 2.  I actually like my generation 1 better.  That baby is going on 10 years strong! I use the radiance brush heads (original) & love them, too!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat   They're still on Q, Clarisonic website, derm offices and most spas that offer facials and products. I still have my original one that stands in a charger. I change the brush head every 3-5 months, clean underneath it w/ alcohol before replacing the brush and don't put it on the charger until it completely runs out of "juice". 

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many of them have gone in the trash because people with sensitive skin ended up with broken blood vessels on their face. I had to have mine zapped after a few months of the Clarisonic. Yes, I used the extra sensitive skin brush but it still damaged my skin. My derm told me she has a laundry list of patients who had the same problem.

Super Contributor

Mine is still alive and kicking. I love it.

QVC appears to be phasing Clarisonic out (can no longer find the Mia Smart device bundles, etc).

So I'm at a loss.

Have owned the original Smart Profile for many years, have loved it, but the battery is starting to give out.

Researching, have found a device called Refa at Neiman's...just seems geared towards sensitive skin, which is not an issue for me.

Anyone else know of a really, really good device for facial cleansing?

None of the silicone ones please...