Respected Contributor

Re: What Fragrances Are You Wearing?

@Harpa wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

I have some body cream that is monoi oil. So I'm looking for a perfume that has this in it. I found some on the Yves Rocher website but their website is down todayWoman Sad  I love this scentHeart

@VenturaHighway 

Carol's Daughter has a monoi fragrance. It's not on their website, though, but you can find it at HSN.

My everday fragrance = mostly Tova. Sometimes I use the Monoi, and sometimes I use a Nest. It's been a while since searching for a new fragrance.

Have you found a decent TOVA? I used to love the original. I tried several newer versions. Just not the same.

Respected Contributor

I was in the mood and ordered Gucci Bloom set from Macy`s with a 15% discount. I wanted this since it came out and caved in.

Esteemed Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

I have some body cream that is monoi oil. So I'm looking for a perfume that has this in it. I found some on the Yves Rocher website but their website is down todayWoman Sad  I love this scentHeart

Hi @VenturaHighway  ..... have you tried Carol's Daughter Monoi Eau de Toilette (on the HSN website)?  Don't know whether it contains monoi oil but I really like the scent.  

Esteemed Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Have you found a decent TOVA? I used to love the original. I tried several newer versions. Just not the same.

@wonderfulworld 

The only current version, I'm afraid. Yes, the original....lost and gone forever.

I would say the newest version is a light version of vintage Tova.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A steadfast Amazing Grace gal, here; HOWEVER, just discovered Love by Diane Von Furstenberg.  It has staying power like no other!  Lovely dry down.  Ordered the 'tester' which comes without a top (the sprayer/nozzle quite intact), and it works perfectly.  

Received a sample with an order I had placed and was hooked immediately.  This is huge for me since I've not deviated from AG in more than 10 years.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

A steadfast Amazing Grace gal, here; HOWEVER, just discovered Love by Diane Furstenberg.  It has staying power like no other!  Lovely dry down.  Ordered the 'tester' which comes without a top (the sprayer/nozzle quite intact), and it works perfectly.  

Received a sample with an order I had placed and was hooked immediately.  This is huge for me since I've not deviated from AG in more than 10 years.

Can you describe the scent @pommom ?

Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

The only current version, I'm afraid. Yes, the original....lost and gone forever.

I would say the newest version is a light version of vintage Tova.

Good to know. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

The notes described as red currant, apricot (top notes) with jasmine and praline at the heart.

Had I seen this in print, I would not have been interested at all.  It reads as being too sweet for me, but I will tell you it has a beautiful dry down on me.  No instant raging headache, etc.  Certainly, body chemistry has a lot to do with the final dry down scent.  Read the hundreds of 4.9-5 star reviews.

Tip:  SHOP AROUND!  It can go from $39 to $138+.  You will find that the testers are deeply discounted and are EDP.  I ordered mine from overstock.  Fast delivery to boot.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Frequent Contributor

I almost always wear Cashmere  Mist. Light and soft. I buy the lotion and use that as my lotion.

Respected Contributor

@Harpa @Boehm Collector  Thanks, I will check it outHeart