Trusted Contributor

Re: What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear?

My mother was always easy to buy a gift for because she loved perfumes and colognes.  She wore a few different Estee Lauder ones.  Before that I can remember seeing Arpege on her dresser.  I think that Lauder Youth Dew was so heavy.  One of the women I worked with wore Aliage by Lauder but she wore way too much of it.  My mom purchased Avon from someone and I remember a few Avon fragrances around too.  I also remember that blue Evening in Paris bottle.

Contributor

Wind Song

Avon Candid

Jovan White Musk

Honored Contributor

Reading some of these posts made me realize that this was an era where women wore PERFUME on a pretty regular basis.       

Personally, I pretty much stick with eau de toilette these days.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I remember this bottle, but not the scent.

Buy Dana Tabu Parfum sample - Perfume decants and samples - The Perfumed  Court

@ECBG 

I remember this scent like it was yesterday .... an oriental type fragrance.  My Dad loved it on my Mom ....  lol

Trusted Contributor

Chantilly Lace then later Sand and Sable

Respected Contributor

I remember an evening in Paris bottle on her dresser but she wore White Shoulders for years, then White Diamonds.  I don’t remember her wearing any other fragrances.  Reading above, I forgot about Giorgio, that I wore in the 80’s.  Have not smelled it in years.

Respected Contributor

My Mom wore several Avon fragrances and Estée Lauder Youth Dew.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

Chanel #5 until she got tired of paying the high price. She also wore Emeraude, which I also wore once I smelled it on her, as well as White Shoulders, I believe it was.

Frequent Contributor

My Mom wore L'Origan too. I love it. She used to get this liquid cream sachet in a little black bottle. It had a little applicator in the lid. I loved it. You can still find the colonge, but I haven't seen that cream sachet since I was a little girl.