Honored Contributor

Re: What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear?

My family had a resturant.  My mother was a chef and always smelled like food and deep fry grease.

She wore Jean Nate body powder everyday and for special outings Jean Nate Body Splash.

Valued Contributor

Mine wore Zen, by Shiseido.  Not sure if it's still around.  It did smell wonderful on her, though.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

@beach-mom  Yes, they still make Wind Song. I still have it and wear it now and then. A true clean classic scent.

Where do you still find Wind Song?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Knowing by Estee Lauder.  When I was a little girl in the 70's, she wore Windsong and White Shoulders.

Honored Contributor

@susielong1 wrote:

@cozyseeker wrote:

@beach-mom  Yes, they still make Wind Song. I still have it and wear it now and then. A true clean classic scent.

Where do you still find Wind Song?

Amazon and many other places online @susielong1 .  

Respected Contributor

Awww remembering my mom today...when she was younger, Youth Dew...as she got into her later years, Happy by Clinique ❤️

Valued Contributor

My mother was never really into fragrances.  In her later years, the only one she ever liked and wore to church was Safari by Ralph Lauren.   It smelled so good on her.

Super Contributor

@susielong1 Walmart has it and the powder too, also Amazon. And CVS and RiteAid.

Honored Contributor

My mom wore Tabu. When all perfumes changed because of some law, I bought a bottle and it didn't bear any resemblance.

My grandmother wore  Je Reviens.  Yummy. If you remember the novel, it was the name of Rebecca's boat!

Respected Contributor

My mom wore Avon's Persian Wood which I would " sneak" on occasion.  Then I graduated to their Topaz.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill