Contributor

Re: What Eye Shadow Color For Me

Highly recommend Laura Mercier Stick shadow in “ Au  Naturel”, I have similar coloring.

Honored Contributor

Lancôme makes crayon eyeshadows with a sharpener on the bottom. They are sold on their website, HSN, Macy’s & Ulta. Numerous colors & great for travel.

Ombré Hypnôse Stilo Shadow Sticks 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@Nicknack, BB violet plum shadow stick works well for me for a plummy smoky eye. My eyes are blue but have a hint of green and the violet shades pull the green out. BB Dusty mauve is also nice if you want something more neutral. I usually dab a bit of pink sparkle on top of the plummy shades right on the center of my mobile eyelid, it’s a nice look.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Susiequeue.  I just looked that up.  It's a beautiful color.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Good morning @NickNack. Bobbi Brown sticks are quite popular because they give smoothe application and are truly waterproof. You’re on the right track w/ the brown/golds. I’d add Nude Beach (grayish taupe), Sand Dune (Med. Beige) & Truffle (creamy tan beige). It seems you were missing some lighter lid shades that really open...lighten and brighten the eye. Your darker shades can be used on outer corner and/or crease blended quickly. I also use the medium to darker shades as liner w/ a fine brush. Hope that helps. 

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@NickNack What about a dark moss green?  Or a champagne color to reflect the blonde highlights in your hair?  I'm not familiar with the BB shadow sticks so don't have color names to suggest, just colors.  @Shanus is a make-up guru, in my book, perhaps she can make siggestions for you.  Smiles.

Merci @Misplaced Parisian for the vote of confidence. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @Shanus.  I just checked Neiman Marcus.  They're having a 14% rebate with Ebates today!  All of the colors you mentioned look nice.  I'll order one of them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Thank you so much @Shanus.  I just checked Neiman Marcus.  They're having a 14% rebate with Ebates today!  All of the colors you mentioned look nice.  I'll order one of them.

@NickNack  The BB site has 25% off everything, free ship...check which you prefer. 

Esteemed Contributor

So it sounds like you all prefer the cream eyeshadow crayons over the eyeshadow powders?....I tried a cream eyeshadow once and felt that I had to pull on my eyelid too much to blend it in, so I went back to the eyeshadow powder, as I'm just able to brush it on lightly without any tugging.

After reading your posts, I'm now thinking of giving the cream eyeshadow another try and will check out the Bobbi Brown line.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Good morning @NickNack. Bobbi Brown sticks are quite popular because they give smoothe application and are truly waterproof. You’re on the right track w/ the brown/golds. I’d add Nude Beach (grayish taupe), Sand Dune (Med. Beige) & Truffle (creamy tan beige). It seems you were missing some lighter lid shades that really open...lighten and brighten the eye. Your darker shades can be used on outer corner and/or crease blended quickly. I also use the medium to darker shades as liner w/ a fine brush. Hope that helps. 

@Shanus  p.s. to my previous thank you to you.  I ordered Truffle and should receive it soon.

-Henry David Thoreau