New Contributor

Re: What Do You Use To Take Off Make Up?

Just wondering if you've tried the Tatcha Oil?  

Honored Contributor

I wear Mally's eyeliner and have found the most complete removal is Purity by Philosophy.  

I took Oil Of Olay soap on vacation and had to wash twice!

Trusted Contributor

@VickiE wrote:

Just wondering if you've tried the Tatcha Oil?  

I got a sample of the Tatcha Oil and Exfoliating Powder.  I didn't think the oil was anything special and like the DHC oil better.  The powder is quite nice, but I've found a better and cheaper alternative for it (see my post #34 above).

Honored Contributor

Soap and water does not remove foundation.  I use a wipe by MAC or Neutrogena or Ponds, and then I use a cleanser from Cereva, PTR or Clinqiue.  

I have tried just soap and water--Basis soap, etc, and a lot of foundation comes off on a cotton pad afterwards (when I've used a toner or Paula's Choice BHA).  If I remove my makeup before cleansing, I don't have all of that foundation left. 

I have tried Ponds recently , and their wipe appears to work better than Neutrogena.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Right now I am addicted to SKINNs Olive and Enzyme Cleanser and ordered the TTV recently. I did buy some Yes to Coconut cleanser to try recommended by someone on board as an alternative.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

Right now I am addicted to SKINNs Olive and Enzyme Cleanser and ordered the TTV recently. I did buy some Yes to Coconut cleanser to try recommended by someone on board as an alternative.

An added bonus is that the SKINN O&E Cleanser can also be used as a mask. In the evenings, I often apply it & let it sit for a while before washing/rinsing it off. And it smells so good!

I wanted to add that I tried another brand of wipes - Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes "Evening Soothe w/Chamomile & White Tea." I got a sample packet somewhere. It worked well for me, removing my makeup. The label mentions that the wipes won a "Best of Beauty" award from Allure.

All the ones I have tried even remove eye makeup. I don't wear waterproof mascara but some of my liners are waterproof and still come off fine.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Coconut Oil! Go to your drugstore or grocery store and pick some up. Takes off all makeup smells great and is good for your skin. Why put chemicals on your face. Go natural!

Coconut oil breaks me out like nothing else and I can't use it. I do use other oil cleansers, though.

Coconut oil is made up of chemicals. Just like water is. Just like you are. Chemicals are not the antithesis of 'natural'. All matter is made up of chemicals. So yes, do put chemicals on your face. Your face, also made up of chemicals, will thank you for getting it clean.

SAME HERE!  Coconut oil breaks me out something fierce. 

Honored Contributor

Coconut oil is one of the oils most likely to clog pores so that is something to consider when choosing an oil.

I love coconut oil for cooking but, with my combo/oily skin that is prone to break out, I have always avoided using it on my face. 

Respected Contributor

soap amd water. simple