Trusted Contributor

Re: What Do You Use For Hair Above The Lip And/Or Peach Fuzz On Face???

One of those little Korean facial razors.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Regular Contributor

Ditto on the razor
Trusted Contributor

For all of you that use a plain old Bic, etc. razor......do you do it on dry skin going with the way the fuzz grows in downward with the razor going over it lightly ?

What is your protocol ?

I've been using one of the eyebrow razors but it's small and takes forever, and I never get it all because it is so light and fine on my face and under jawline...I keep tweezing over my lip, I've tweezed them for years and they come right back....I thought they would eventually stop. But they don't !

Thanks for your help.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

Sally Hansen Cold Wax seems to be the best for above the lip in my opinion. Second would be the Nad's facial pen. It is just a little pen that dispenses the wax and you use the paper strips.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/22/2014 willdob3 said:

Emjoi eRase - epilator.

What to check the price to see how cost efficient this might be. Strange. Can't find it on the Q or when I googled.

Yes, another vote for eRase. It's sold out, so it won't show up on a search. I believe this was the 2nd time it was a TS. 1st in Dec, 2nd was recently. Since it sold out both times. Maybe they will bring back for another TS

Yes, that is right. I got mine in December. It cost about $65 as the TSV.

Regular Contributor

I just use my hubby's electric razor once a week or so... a quick dry run over my upper lip (my only problem area) before a shower and no worries. No fuss, no muss, no expense. And before we get someone saying your hair grows back darker/coarser, etc, when you shave it, please look it up. You can't affect the hair that comes out of the follicle by what you do to it once it's past the skin. Sometimes, because you cut the hair off at the skin with a razor, it can *seem* coarser as a result of that blunt edge, giving a bit of a "stubble" feeling. But the beauty of shaving is that it takes seconds and is free, so it can be managed quickly whenever it starts becoming a problem.

Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 6/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Emjoi eRase - epilator.

What to check the price to see how cost efficient this might be. Strange. Can't find it on the Q or when I googled.

Yes, another vote for eRase. It's sold out, so it won't show up on a search. I believe this was the 2nd time it was a TS. 1st in Dec, 2nd was recently. Since it sold out both times. Maybe they will bring back for another TS

Yes, that is right. I got mine in December. It cost about $65 as the TSV.

The item number is 240-222 with over 400 reviews. Just put the item number in the search bar to pull up the page with product details plus the reviews. With 2 sell outs, they will probably bring this back as a TS.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Chi-town girl said:The item number is 240-222 with over 400 reviews. Just put the item number in the search bar to pull up the page with product details plus the reviews. With 2 sell outs, they will probably bring this back as a TS.

Is this sold on HSN or QVC? I just put the item # in both places and nothing comes up. It's not on emjoi's website right now, and I can't find it anywhere else either. Can you use this on the peach fuzz on your face? The others say they're for the upper lip and chin but don't mention peach fuzz.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Epilatin fool here

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

I use an emjoi type device that is battery operated. I found it online from the TV Product sites. It is 19.95 and I have had it 5 years. I ordered a second one thinking this wouldn't last long but it did and I love it. No pain, especially on the peach fuzz a little pain on those tough white hairs by your mouth. As weird as it sounds you eventually appreciate the tweeze because you know it got the hair out so it doesn't really hurt much. The device is not great for other parts of your body although once in awhile after I see the hairs on my arms in the sunlight I do tweeze those as well. It won't do my legs but meno has been taking care of those. Best 20.00 I ever spent.